Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It does seem to be a bit rubbish. Not quite was what promised. 
Is it still under guarantee? I trust the SPCo kept the receipt.

I think if the spco were honest with Comms its easier to accept. 

When did they know it couldn't sail? Seemingly after loading.  What was the issue?

Why can't the Ben go? (I know we know why it can't but they haven't announced it)

All this solved quickly with one tweet/email.  No speculating and everything is clear to the customer 

14 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Why can't the Ben go? (I know we know why it can't but they haven't announced it)

If the reasons being cited on here are true then they daren't admit it for fear of becoming a national laughing stock, they've gambled and lost. Allinson noticeably skirted his way around it in Tynwald during questions. But the real damage is inflicted to the transport links and thus to the Island's reputation.

29 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If the reasons being cited on here are true then they daren't admit it for fear of becoming a national laughing stock, they've gambled and lost. Allinson noticeably skirted his way around it in Tynwald during questions. But the real damage is inflicted to the transport links and thus to the Island's reputation.

At some point it becomes a national security issue if we can't import food for days on end 

56 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Boiler issue 

Just why isn’t the Ben used?

As far as I can see it is must be politically motivated for some reason.  

Time for some noisy protests and sit ins on the boat.  If I was getting off loaded I’d be blasting my horn all round the dockside and harbour as I turned back round and sat at the gate again.  Or refusing to get off and just sit there, in the lounge with a grumpy face on and folded arms for the camera.

Bloody joke of a situation.   

And again, I am having to put off customers jobs because  of delayed parts or repair items.  

44 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

What the hell is Comms, if you mean communication why not just say it. Sounding like Flinty and the balaclava brigade.  

Quite a common abbreviation old chap. Used by many industries, who are the balaclava brigade and how do I join?

The frequency of these cancellations and the £70 a night hotels must be eating into the steampacket profits?  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Quite a common abbreviation old chap. Used by many industries, who are the balaclava brigade and how do I join?

The frequency of these cancellations and the £70 a night hotels must be eating into the steampacket profits?  

Don’t think they pay for accommodation that’s down to your travel insurance