Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

The lack of communication is awful. They didn't even confirm the cancellation of my sailing until half 2 today. Luckily I'd seen earlier, but the phones are just cutting out entirely whenever you try to ring and there's nothing via email or Facebook either. Not a clue how I'm getting home.

Judging by their Facebook and the media reports, I'm not the only one stuck either.

Edited by conradthewoollyllama

So the ferry service charges extortionate rates and fares, and now delivers a service that is damming the reputation of the Island as a place to visit because the ferry company has created the impression that it is at best chaotic, and at worst indifferent to its present and prospective customers, as well as running boats that are not fit for purpose.

Because that is the perception that IS being created, and with very good cause, and perception becomes reality in the eye of the perceiver.

It's time for change.

No, it's long past timer for change, and the government are being remiss in allowing this damaging fiasco continue for as long as they have.

The Marine Traffic web site reveals the BEN is not even in Morecambe Bay yet and is heading west at 4 knots. Would appear to be foggy from comments posted elsewhere.

I phone the Packet this afternoon and yes it took a while but at a guess there were lots of people phoning up trying to alter tickets or book tickets following a number of flights that were canceled. Do people think that Stenna would invest many millions on having a new ship built without expecting high return and any problems and they would protect the core business.

• Like 1

I phone the Packet this afternoon and yes it took a while but at a guess there were lots of people phoning up trying to alter tickets or book tickets following a number of flights that were canceled. Do people think that Stenna would invest many millions on having a new ship built without expecting high return and any problems and they would protect the core business.

I hate the expression, but it's time to think outside of the box.

Instead of thinking in terms of a replacement for what the present ferry operator provides and the way that they do it go back to basics and look at the requirements of what the surface link to the UK needs to meet and how those requirements might be delivered.