Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

9 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Well the post is down to 5 days a week and they can't even deliver the manx papers to the boat on time so would the service suffer in any way in reality? Would we notice a difference?

Letters are 5 days per week parcels are delivered 6 days per week, papers 7 days per week. It’s only the Saturday day overnight boat that doesn’t bring mail.

5 minutes ago, cissoltt said:

No boat departure this morning.  Is it a high tide in Heysham issue again?

Scheduled for 09.15. The comms they sent out to freight users said it's due to 'spring tides'

Edited by swoopy2110
  • Like 2

No mention of cancellations on web site

THURSDAY, 14 MARCH 2024

Douglas
Departed at: 09:14 - ManxmanHeysham
Expected Arrival: 13:15

Heysham
Departure: 14:15 - ManxmanDouglas
Expected Arrival: 18:00

Douglas
Departure: 19:45 - ManxmanHeysham
Expected Arrival: 23:30

I'm on the MXM now and about an hour or so out of Heysham.  Blackpool Tower clearly visible. The 09:15 departure has been known for at least a week to me when I started looking at options.

Tomorrow's (Friday) departure ex Douglas is fully booked for vehicles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, woolley said:

Ben currently at anchor off Wirral. Made way from Douglas at fullish speed 17 knots.

I was surprised at this considering the exchanges in Tynwald and posts on here concerning the severe speed restrictions in force. Maybe nobody told the geezer that was driving last night. Or maybe you get dispensation if you're taking her to the vets?

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

I was surprised at this considering the exchanges in Tynwald and posts on here concerning the severe speed restrictions in force. Maybe nobody told the geezer that was driving last night. Or maybe you get dispensation if you're taking her to the vets?

Surprised me as well. And why leave at 17.38 and then spend the night doing figures of 8 off the Mersey Bar? 18 hours that trip took.

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Surprised me as well. And why leave at 17.38 and then spend the night doing figures of 8 off the Mersey Bar? 18 hours that trip took.

Did it not leave at that time to free up the berth for Manannan?

7 hours ago, finlo said:

Did it not leave at that time to free up the berth for Manannan?

Yes. But that begs the question why Did Manannan have to go when she did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Another Manxman technical difficulty(break down) delays overnight sailing from Heysham, what size a white elephant.  

Whilst the Ben that can only limp along was up to 18 knts on route to Liverpool. What is the truth,  I think the steamy are knee deep in bull shit.  

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Another Manxman technical difficulty(break down) delays overnight sailing from Heysham, what size a white elephant.  

It’s delayed by 75 minutes hardly a major catastrophe!