Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

16 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yeah the "experts" running the company at arms length are doing a great job, aren't they?

But the two additional non-executive directors (finance and marketing) who will be toiling hard 24 days a year earning £20k pa are going to make a huge difference, just wait and see.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/steam-packet-needs-20k-directors-for-24-days-a-year/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Smells like double-dip creation for a retired Govt officer or two...

If you’re experienced in finance or marketing why don’t you apply. £20k pa is going rate for an experienced NED and 2 days pm is normal but there’s normally a few extra unscheduled meetings for no extra pay. Of course with a public appointment you also get the usual faceless experts saying they could do it for half etc

I'm sure with your global knowledge on all matters under the sun, you'd be a worthwhile addition to the board. With your proven judgement applied, we could soon have another boat that needed further harbour modifications to make it fit.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm sure with your global knowledge on all matters under the sun, you'd be a worthwhile addition to the board. With your proven judgement applied, we could soon have another boat that needed further harbour modifications to make it fit.

I’ve sufficient NEDs already thanks 😊 

If you don’t know what’s involved it’s very easy to criticize anonymously like many of the Facebook experts 

20 cars damaged yesterday. Wonder why they packed them on the upper car decks whn there was, apparently, room on the main car deck for most of them?

We were lucky, we changed our yesterday's booking to Sunday and only got rockin' and rollin' for the latter part of the journey, phew.  

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

20 cars damaged yesterday. Wonder why they packed them on the upper car decks whn there was, apparently, room on the main car deck for most of them?

We were lucky, we changed our yesterday's booking to Sunday and only got rockin' and rollin' for the latter part of the journey, phew.  

i wonder how bikes will survive a bit of a swell TT week if they can't even stop vehicles with 4 wheels that balance themselves from moving about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WTF said:

i wonder how bikes will survive a bit of a swell TT week if they can't even stop vehicles with 4 wheels that balance themselves from moving about.

nothing gets properly lashed down these days there used to be removable rails installed on the car deck for TT and MGP  the bikes  were also secured to them  and nothing moved  ,last time I saw bikes on the Manxman there was just  a rope over the seat from either side of the deck , most touring bikes these days are top heavy and once they move then thats it 

it must leave a nasty taste when vehicles are damaged   I guess the crew  are so tight for turnaround  time  there is no attention to finer detail 

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Who pays for the damage these days?

5 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I was due on yesterday evening's cancelled Liverpool sailing. Went up to Heysham overnight instead, despite the captain saying it was gale force 8 in the Irish Sea, the Manxman handled it amazingly. My car was also intact on arrival.