Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

23 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The accessible cabins have many facilities for the disabled, including toilet and showers. 

Quite. I was just pointing out two odd things. Putting the accessible cabins as far away from the lift that is used for accessible embarkation and the bed height.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quite. I was just pointing out two odd things. Putting the accessible cabins as far away from the lift that is used for accessible embarkation and the bed height.

You may have a point, with your observation from a disabled persons view. Were disabled people involved at the design stage? 

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Suppose it follows the pattern set by having foot passenger embarkation at the extreme opposite corner of the Sea Terminal site to the entrance.

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

Suppose it follows the pattern set by having foot passenger embarkation at the extreme opposite corner of the Sea Terminal site to the entrance.

Yes. I’d noticed that also.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, Gladys said:

Could be, but would that be a bad thing?  What the government don't get in rent, you would think, will be in the dividend.  

Absolutely. It's a bureaucrat's dream argument. Totally circular, pointless, going nowhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I think it's pot luck with the cabins as there are quite a few of them. Some are nearer than others but some, as you say are as far away as you can get.

I think they should try and reserve the closer ones for those that need them. 

We always get the accessible ones although we have no need for them in terms of mobility (all the double bed inside cabins are 'accessible').

Yes the beds are strangely high. That makes them easy to get off but hard to get on. They are also extremely firm to the point of being a bit uncomfortable.

Overall though it's a good experience.

I thought you had travelled on it a few times. 

59 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Twelfth single trip. First overnight from Heysham. Normally use the Exec Club lounge, but wanted  sleep on this occasion as it was the last leg of my land/ferry trip home from Barcelona.

Had to use RAC yesterday. Tyre issues. Was on my own. Big jagged chunk of metal picked up in rear nearside sidewall picked up on M42. From phone call to arrival was less than 10 mins. 40 mins from call to being on my way again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I think it's pot luck with the cabins as there are quite a few of them. Some are nearer than others but some, as you say are as far away as you can get.

I think they should try and reserve the closer ones for those that need them. 

We always get the accessible ones although we have no need for them in terms of mobility (all the double bed inside cabins are 'accessible').

Yes the beds are strangely high. That makes them easy to get off but hard to get on. They are also extremely firm to the point of being a bit uncomfortable.

Overall though it's a good experience.

Do you park in disabled spaces as well

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Twelfth single trip. First overnight from Heysham. Normally use the Exec Club lounge, but wanted  sleep on this occasion as it was the last leg of my land/ferry trip home from Barcelona.

Had to use RAC yesterday. Tyre issues. Was on my own. Big jagged chunk of metal picked up in rear nearside sidewall picked up on M42. From phone call to arrival was less than 10 mins. 40 mins from call to being on my way again.

Good job you had a spare with you. 👍