Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

Newspaper in at 4pm Sunday afternoon and my newsagent tells me there will be no papers next Sunday as Steam packet   dont have a boat available  the joys of being stranded on this rock !

Why should stream packet just put on a sailing at tax payers expense, just to go and pick up the papers. For years they were flown in and all of a sudden people expect steam packet to change schedule just to pick them up. 

makes zero sense for them to do that.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Omobono said:

Newspaper in at 4pm Sunday afternoon and my newsagent tell's me there will be no papers next Sunday as Steam Packet don't have a boat available. The joys of being stranded on this rock!

Stranded? You know what they say yessir, "there's a boat in the morning!"

Possibly.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, OldhamJ said:

Manxman doing a round the Island cruise next Sat evening, not going to Heysham or Belfast overnight Sat/Sun 

Have they sold tickets for this?  First I've heard of it happening 

38 minutes ago, OldhamJ said:

Manxman doing a round the Island cruise next Sat evening, not going to Heysham or Belfast overnight Sat/Sun 

What time does it start please as I will watch from the bow camera ?

Thanks

T

2 minutes ago, ccsnet said:

What time does it start please as I will watch from the bow camera ?

Thanks

T

Starts at 7pm for about 4 hours according to the press release.  Which is mainly concerned with trying to sell you food.  However:

As the vessel is not licensed to sell alcohol while it is in Manx waters, passengers who would like to enjoy an alcoholic beverage will be welcome to bring your own (BYO) for this sailing only.

So anyone lucky enough to have got tickets will have a unique opportunity to get pissed on the ocean wave cheaply.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Have they sold tickets for this?  First I've heard of it happening 

Yeh basically sold out in 48 hours. There was 300 people on the Ben-My-Chree last time that did it. Wonder if they're sailing Manxman at capacity this time round.

22 hours ago, John Wright said:

It’s to do with the SPCo having decided to send Manxman to Belfast on Saturday evenings/overnights during the summer. It’s all to do with timetabling, nothing to do with ability of the boat.

Of course, they could use Manannan to Heysham on Saturday evening/Sunday overnight, or even use it for Belfast.

Just imagine the flexibility if we used Ben, got rid of Manannan. Would we even need Arrow?

If we got rid of manannan then we would have no vessel that could do Liverpool and back twice in a day. I reckon that would be a big knock for all the sports teams that go back and forth during the summer and the Liverpool booze ups. I know the Manxman can get a lot of foot passengers on these days but it's too slow to get there and back in time.

We don't do the manannan unless it's an emergency and I don't like it, but it has it's uses. 

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Starts at 7pm for about 4 hours according to the press release.  Which is mainly concerned with trying to sell you food.  However:

As the vessel is not licensed to sell alcohol while it is in Manx waters, passengers who would like to enjoy an alcoholic beverage will be welcome to bring your own (BYO) for this sailing only.

So anyone lucky enough to have got tickets will have a unique opportunity to get pissed on the ocean wave cheaply.

you'd think they'd do a lap outside of manx waters then ??  maybe the alcohol sales wouldn't cover the extra fuel ??

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Thank you Roger.  I can't see it advertised on any of their social media