Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

51 minutes ago, kevster said:

The reference earlier to 'Seaman Staines' pointed to Pugwash. In the series, there wasn't a named cook character, and Seaman Staines wasn't a character either. Master Bates is another who didn't exist.

You are of course correct. They are all made up but it was just for fun. 

It was a great urban myth while it lasted. 

But back to the safety announcement on the boat, I think it is time it was renewed. I find it a bit naff now. A bit of a laugh at first hearing only. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Casta said:

It was a great urban myth while it lasted. 

But back to the safety announcement on the boat, I think it is time it was renewed. I find it a bit naff now. A bit of a laugh at first hearing only. 

Agreed. But could they do a no nonsense one? 

You know, just get the crew to do a video, cover the basics, with everyone a safe crossing and bosh it's done.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

You know, just get the crew to do a video, cover the basics, with everyone a safe crossing and bosh it's done.

It should be varied constantly but as brief as possible. The pirate one is well past it's sell by date and very annoying. It's now counter productive as everyone switches off and blanks it out. 

Air New Zealand are masters of the safety announcement. 

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

No. This is the IoM.

It all started once they gave the Manx Radio fella a go at it. A no nonsense announcement would be fine. If you are going to do something different then make it just that, different. And keep refreshed, at least once a year.

And if they don't I'll 'ave you up the crows nest (geddit). (wtf).

2 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

My husband was speaking to crew members a few days ago. And one of them said: "They were warned NOT to dock as it would likely lead to damage, but they went ahead and docked anyway." 

Who warned them , man down the pub or your husband 😂

51 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

My husband was speaking to crew members a few days ago. And one of them said: "They were warned NOT to dock as it would likely lead to damage, but they went ahead and docked anyway." 

the politics around the unsuitable new boat are costing s a fortune.