Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Given all the comments on this forum on the Steam Packet without doubt the Easter weekend has been a disaster for a considerable amount of people travelling to and from the Island.

Our reputation has been considerable damaged.

The response from those who are elected to protect our interests have gone AWOL (absent with out leave)

What a mess.

Will our media now confront those in power about these issues?

Why the f*** should they?

The boat broke. End o.f

The response from those who are elected to protect our interests have gone AWOL (absent with out leave)

Talk about failing off into the sunset. This whole sorry mess has been caused by our MHKs and their failure to spend - or get the IOMSPC to spend - millions of pounds every year to maintain a backup ferry service just in case the IOMSPC face problems and a handful of people get inconvenienced for a day or two.

• Like 2

I for one think the Steamy give a good service. I prefer the boat to flying which is a complete pain in the arse.

We live on an Island. When things go wrong we can be marooned, it has always ben thus and always will be.

• Like 1

Given all the comments on this forum on the Steam Packet without doubt the Easter weekend has been a disaster for a considerable amount of people travelling to and from the Island.

No it hasn't. A disaster is an earthquake, a war, a hurricane, a fire in a factory where hundreds lose their lives. People not being able to go shopping or play games is not a disaster.

Well said.

Right, the top picture shows a massive force has cause the aluminium yoke to snap.

The lower picture shows how steel can be eroded by having a fluid containing sand, blasted at it by a 4,ooo horse power engine for years. The other reversing flaps will be nearing the end of their useful lives now too

Filters on the jets are not needed because nothing went through the jets to cause this damage.

I have watched 4 inches of high carbon steel be eroded by fluid with sand in it in 15 minutes, so, please don't bother questioning my expertise.

Right, the top picture shows a massive force has cause the aluminium yoke to snap.

The lower picture shows how steel can be eroded by having a fluid containing sand, blasted at it by a 4,ooo horse power engine for years. The other reversing flaps will be nearing the end of their useful lives now too

Filters on the jets are not needed because nothing went through the jets to cause this damage.

I have watched 4 inches of high carbon steel be eroded by fluid with sand in it in 15 minutes, so, please don't bother questioning my expertise.

Yeah, those high pressure showers are lethal.

• Like 1

So what you trying to say? in your expert opinion (which I'm not questioning) the first picture was caused by debris and the second was caused through metal fatigue (ie age and force of the engine)

Edited by NeverAgain

Yeah, those high pressure showers are lethal.

shut it you ballon