Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

We should extend the user agreement and then the SPC will invest in some smart new craft.

I honestly can not think of a worse thing to do than extend the UA. The ferry company are not and have not and will not act in the best interest of anyone other than the ferry company while the monopoly exists.

The fact that they continue to call themselves what they do defocuses the reality, it is a ferry company that has a monopoly to provide a ferry service to the Island.

I think to the spc provides a good service. We always get a cabin. Last time the telly did not work but the boat did.

Generally it is a good, reliable service. Those who complain are, I suspect, just wingers.

• Like 1

We should extend the user agreement and then the SPC will invest in some smart new craft.

I honestly can not think of a worse thing to do than extend the UA. The ferry company are not and have not and will not act in the best interest of anyone other than the ferry company while the monopoly exists.

The fact that they continue to call themselves what they do defocuses the reality, it is a ferry company that has a monopoly to provide a ferry service to the Island.

I beg to differ.

They acted in the best interests of many, when they assisted your passage to pastures new.

• Like 1

We don't want craft.

We want proper ships.

Solid ones, that have go faster engines, don't suck up debris/detritus/fishing gear, and don't mind a bit of wind./quote]

better tell the financiers in Lisbon and see what reply you get.

I beg to differ.

They acted in the best interests of many, when they assisted your passage to pastures new.

Certainly from my point of view.

We don't want craft.

We want proper ships.

Solid ones, that have go faster engines, don't suck up debris/detritus/fishing gear, and don't mind a bit of wind.

and don't have propellers to catch debris, or bow thrusters to suck stuff up :lol:

how many sails and oars do you want ?

• Like 1