Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

my point was the iomsp get slagged all the time on here. If they do well like yesterday,you hear nothing. They kept the inward TT moving which is in all our interests as an Island which depends on it in so many ways.

because they are unfit for purpose, they should not be congratulated for doing the job they are over-payed for ffs

• Like 1

"Guernsey gets in the region of 200 cruise visits a year, our illustrious leaders get a trouser bulge if we get double figures"

That number may possibly be booked to call, but they are still only an anchorage port, and very weather dependant. The new cruise pontoon is just that - a pontoon, and, if you look at their local press comments, "not fit for purpose" - the ramp is getting towards vertical at low tide!

A lot of cruise ships depend on the call there to have a customs declaration signed to the effect that they have been outside the European Duty Web, which then entitles them to sell "duty free".

We can't do that. But we can offer at least as much to do as Guernsey in our much bigger Island.

Why would you call yourself a part-time idiot for me?

never did,censorship called himself an idiot, even signed his post that way:thumbsup:
But what a great TV idea!

Mild-mannered Wilmslow "Woody" Beech is just an ordinary guy, except for part of the time he turns into a bit of an idiot. Watch as he gets into hilarious scrapes, and his increasingly desparate efforts to get out of them.

Monkey tennis? Pah! Welcome to the future of scripted television.

More weather-related delays today due to strong Westerly winds. Manannan was late getting into Heysham but BMC is still off Fleetwood, travelling slowly down the channel (according to Ship AIS) perhaps waiting to get into the berth once Manannan comes out. Edited to add - I notice they soon caught up on the backlog. Good effort by the SP Co.

Edited by IOMRS97

• 6 months later...

Sailing update for Thursday 31st December, issued at 12:30

Due to the recent severe weather there is a submerged obstruction in the approach to the channel at Heysham. The Ben my Chree will have to wait for sufficient clearance before she can approach safely. The approximate time arrival into Heysham will be 14:00hrs.

Due to the Ben my Chree’s late arrival into Heysham port, this afternoon’s 14:15hrs sailing from Heysham will be delayed. An approximate time of departure will be 15:30hrs. Passengers on this sailing are asked to check in as normal as we will endeavour to turn the vessel around as quickly as possible.

For further information on our sailings please visit our website.