Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Lightning McQueen,I am glad you brought this up,I travel over the mountain at least twice a day on weekdays and for the last three weeks at least we have had these matrix signs warning us of loose sheep at the Gooseneck or elsewhere on the mountain. As yet I have yet to come across one (maybe it's the mist),but if this is true somebody needs to be having a hard

word with the owner of the offending livestock.Can you imagine the same sign being shown whilst the TT races are on? Or maybe it is a speed restriction thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There'll be no sarnies in Marksies this lunchtime

Oh dear God, what are we gonna do?

Well, as Gawney says, it's times like this that we pay local farmers £7M a year for. They'll save us from mass starvation. Bless.

• Like 5

I sincerely hope the Packet offer is considered carefully before handing them the UA again !

Certainly shouldn't be rushed into.

so they shift 30,000+ bikers, freight and foot pax in and out in 2 weeks then have one slow crossing on a low priority freight boat and you kick off :lol:

surely you can make your own sarnies for once !

do you get all hot and bothered about the numerous delays and cancellations on flights too ?

• Like 1

Also I think it's more down to Seatruck to keep the Arrow in good condition. Since the Steam Packet are chartering her from them and it's Seatruck's crew who are operating her? I believe...

Edited by Aqua97

I sincerely hope the Packet offer is considered carefully before handing them the UA again !

so they shift 30,000+ bikers, freight and foot pax in and out in 2 weeks then have one slow crossing on a low priority freight boat and you kick off laugh.png

do you get all hot and bothered about the numerous delays and cancellations on flights too ?

My observation was in general, nothing to do with whatever has broken down just good business practice, something we are sadly lacking and costing the island huge sums of money !

• Like 1

so they shift 30,000+ bikers, freight and foot pax in and out in 2 weeks then have one slow crossing on a low priority freight boat and you kick off laugh.png

My observation was in general, nothing to do with whatever has broken down just good business practice, something we are sadly lacking and costing the island huge sums of money !

but you were very specific about the SPCo huh.png