Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

I sincerely hope the Packet offer is considered carefully before handing them the UA again !

Certainly shouldn't be rushed into.

so they shift 30,000+ bikers, freight and foot pax in and out in 2 weeks then have one slow crossing on a low priority freight boat and you kick off laugh.png

surely you can make your own sarnies for once !

do you get all hot and bothered about the numerous delays and cancellations on flights too ?

My observation was in general, nothing to do with whatever has broken down just good business practice, something we are sadly lacking and costing the island huge sums of money !

but you were very specific about the SPCo huh.png

Well this is the offer being considered, I didn't know there had been any others ! I'll rephrase if it helps, all offers should be carefully considered for the UA monopoly.

• Like 1

This 'Fleetwood' campaign is a bit flawed. I'm hearing it will cost at least £4m/6m to dredge the port, a million a year to keep it clear, and that the link span there is rusting to oblivion. Can anyone confirm that?

That's my info also. Linkspans needs replacing. There are no passenger facilities and road and rail connections are far worse than Heysham or Liverpool.

• Like 1

This 'Fleetwood' campaign is a bit flawed. I'm hearing it will cost at least £4m/6m to dredge the port, a million a year to keep it clear, and that the link span there is rusting to oblivion. Can anyone confirm that?

That's my info also. Linkspans needs replacing. There are no passenger facilities and road and rail connections are far worse than Heysham or Liverpool.

Was in Fleetwood a while ago. Take a look with Street View - a dive...

• 4 weeks later...

So....£3.5M to buy our own patch alongside the Mersey. Then a private developer to build a @ £20M Terminal and recoup the costs over 30-odd years. A goer?

Edited for typo.

Edited by Non-Believer

And all of the costs will be recovered from the travelling public, as freight will be excluded from the area, because it will be surrounded by/occupied by NIMBYs, and such dirty, noisy traffic will not be acceptable in the nice new development.

• Like 1

So....£3.5M to buy our own patch alongside the Mersey. Then a private developer to build a @ £20M Terminal and recoup the costs over 30-odd years. A goer?

Edited for typo.

And all of the costs will be recovered from the travelling public, as freight will be excluded from the area, because it will be surrounded by/occupied by NIMBYs, and such dirty, noisy traffic will not be acceptable in the nice new development.

Holyhead.

Link wasn't working for me try this: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-city-centre-building-work-11603839

It would be typical if the IOM Gov bought some land and then were prevented from developing it smile.png

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...