Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Foot passengers at Heysham were not offered accommodation, refreshment, a snack and now, after 8 hours, a hot meal. They've just been given coffee. Weather is not an excuse to avoid their rights unless the boat was in danger.

What rights?

These, but I think the SPCo were probably covered.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/consumer-rights/ferries-ferry-late-complaints

• Like 1

It's down to interpretation of words. That's my job.

I know, but I don't believe that you have interpreted them correctly in this instance. I would contend that it was the weather that made it unsafe to approach and enter the harbour. In normal weather conditions this is demonstrably not a problem, ergo the inability to enter and dock safely was consequent on the adverse weather. The fact that that the boat sailed there and back proves that best efforts were made to fulfil the sailing but is otherwise neither here nor there.

compo culture in full force. sailings/flights get cancelled. don't see why the companies have to feed the customers. you're not going to die if you don't have a brew or sandwich for a few hours. as for accommodation the terminal there is warm and if you don't fancy that there are a number of hotels in Morecambe and lancaster. people moan about the price of flights or boat are the same people who look for compo if they're delayed. this has a knock on effect and pushes prices up. one of the down sides of living on an island unfortunately

• Like 2

It's a tricky one.

Crew working hours would have been about to expire, with no replacement crew for the return journey within reach of Heysham.

If you check back on harbour movements, it appears that Heysham allowed Clipper Ranger into the harbour at just about the time that Ben turned tail.

• Like 2