Chris Packham

Matt Bawden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a perfectly sound idea to me, sure he wasn't planning on running amock with an AK47.

He was on "Have I got News" last night and he seemed so angry and bitter about people and he makes no secret that he despises the human race, with that in mind and other threats he makes we as the human race should encourage, no implore him to start the reduction with himself before he goes nuts and takes out people who do like people.

If Chris Packham wishes in a reduction of the human race and shows such utter contempt for humans then why in the hell doesn't he start the reduction by commiting suicide live on springwatch? The twat.

It's not a case of whether we wish for a reduction in human numbers - we need a reduction of an already surplus population. The only question is whether we will manage the reduction sensibly or if the Earth and human actions will bring it about through calamity.

There is no doubt that, for most species on Earth, and eventually for ourselves, human evolutionary success has been a disaster.

There is no doubt that, for most species on Earth, and eventually for ourselves, human evolutionary success has been a disaster.

My pet cat seems happy, however the same cannot be said for the earwig that dared to cross my path this morning that evil little fucker had to get squashed. Swings and roundabouts

On the other hand ... so what ? That is not a flippant remark. What I mean is ... whatever happens will happen. It could not be any other way. It does not necessarily mean anything. "All of this shall pass away" etc. Suppose that we are supposed to die out ... Or, more likely, suppose that no outcome actually matters and that existence is essentially abstract.

we need a reduction of an already surplus population.

Ignoring the issue of whether this statement is supported by any evidence - it pre supposes that "we" are on some common mission, somehow united as a race. And as if the survival of the race, at any cost, was an end in itself. It seems a very sci fi / 1950s way of looking at existence. I have never heard of Chris Packham and am not planning to Google him !

Will Michaela be doing a Beaver Watch any day soon? I'd pay some telly tax for that.

CP on the other hand has become something of a idiot. I expect to see him turn up in a Purple tracksuit and declare he is the son of God any day soon.

Still, it gets everyone talking about him so he can get on more shows like HIGNFY/I used to be a celeb back me back on telly while dancing on ice christmas special. He must have just got a Tax bill.

There clearly is a population problem on the planet, as we currently stand. If the current course of events do not change drastically then we are reaching the exponential point of the curve where things start to get very bad, very quickly.

The issue is how do the people at the top of the tree address this without losing their power and status that they have engineered over millenia to achieve? They control all the natural resources, the monetary system and the political clout, how do they introduce a sustainable system for all without relinquishing the power over the masses.

Archived