Guild At The Villa

Gekko

I came last in my class in 1987...I dropped one of my spoons, and half way through my song, nature decided it was time for my balls to drop which meant I suddenly dropped all the high notes I'd rehearsed too :(

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. I feel all guilty now. Well done, anyway!

You are truly inspirational, next year I shall enter the bible reading class and every singing class available - oh imagine, the Cleveland only a chorus away......

We could get a MF choral speaking group together for next year - may have to make the audience over 18's only if the language on here is anything to go by.

So you're suggesting 'The Manx Forums Synchronised Tourettes Performers' ?

I came last in my class in 1987...I dropped one of my spoons, and half way through my song, nature decided it was time for my balls to drop which meant I suddenly dropped all the high notes I'd rehearsed too sad.png

I had a similar problem. Some bastard removed half the teeth from my comb and gave me thin tissue paper that dissolved as soon as you put your mouth anywhere near it!

Trying to perform Mahler's Kindertotenlieder on paper and hairbrush was never going to work really.

I think I got third in a recorder duet once....whenever the guild is mentioned a song pops into my head, as it must have been the "same song" that the boys had to sing in this particular year I entered...I would like to sail to Mandolay, America and Spain, something aruther la la la and across the something main, something boys, with a fa la la la la la la la laaaaa

random

• 1 year later...

Gert on down!!! Its on and if for nothing else hearing the Manx national anthem sung by a room full of people who can sing...oh yes, get yourself there.

Aye, go have a listen, it's only 3 quid!

I'm there all day today, lots of Brass yessir!

I'll be there all day tomorrow - piano day. Me and my eldest playing, and hoping to defend some of our titles from last year! The main thing however, as Nigel Tufnell said in Spinal Tap, is to 'do a good show' - which I hope we will.

I'll be there all day tomorrow - piano day. Me and my eldest playing, and hoping to defend some of our titles from last year! The main thing however, as Nigel Tufnell said in Spinal Tap, is to 'do a good show' - which I hope we will.

The brass was superb, but lots of withdrawals. I'm sure more than normal. Pretty fustrating to pay £6 for myself and the wife for each session only to find most of the field isn't playing. That's 18 quid a day to sit round waiting for the next class.

The bands were spot on though, very impressive stuff.

Archived