Wanted Xbox

WilDDog

Actually you might be able to if you dont modiify the harddrive but they scan the harddrive size and if its found to be modified your xbox live account becomes unusable.

Slim is right, it's the HDD capacity they check. Mine is chipped but with no HDD expansion. I have a wireless bridge in the back of it and I stream anything I need through the LAN. No HDD required!

Edit: Arse, didn't see Page 2 where Slim said what I said.

That's ok, Chopley ignored it too.

Chopley, I play divx/xvid, dvdrips, mp3's etc now, but I stream em using an smb share from a server on my lan rather than use a bigger hdd. Makes more sense to me to have all my media on one disk rather than move it about see?

The games thing is handy, sure. I don't play that many games on mine, and when I do I just burn a dvd.

Used to do it that way because I liked Live, but I've not played on there for months now. I guess I could hdd upgrade it.

Want to upgrade my sky+ box too but I've not had the bottle :)

Slim I upgraded my 40GB sky+ with 250GB Maxtor HD

Up and running within the hour.

Got 6.5 days worth of recording space now.

The only issue i had was with an earthing wire connected on one of the hd screws.

My electric screwdriver nearly tore it in half.

Still the mind boggles at the £200 price difference Sky are changing for an extra 120GB.

Less than £100 for an extra 210GB is much more appealling.

Now I can recorded as many Boobah episodes as I want!

BOOOOBAH!

:)

Oh, almost tempted to get an XBox after all the talk in the thread.

No one has mentioned that you can also install Linux on a chipped box. The controller ports/leads are just USB cables in disguise - I've added an extra USB port to my xbox for plugging in a wireless keyboard/mouse to use with Linux (and fitted the other end of the butchered USB lead to my XBOX controller so I can use it on my PC).

You don't need to do that though, most Linux distro's aimed at the xbox run a virtual keyboard on boot. Its pretty cool kicked back on the sofa surfing the net on your linux xbox.... B)

Might be worth pointing out you can 'softmod' some machines.... mine is and it work no diffrent. Got it set up with XBMC and a 250gb drive..... well happy although I am struggling to fill it...

Terran

If anyone has any questions about the xbox's or applications you can get then give me a shout.

If you want a chipped xbox and not sure how it works etc i will gladdly guide you though it step by step to :). that includes howto transfer stuff from and to pc. Plus i will give you an invite to an amazling little torrent site where you can get PS2, Xbox and any other games you wish for whatever console "almost any console" and its private (Invite only). If you wish for this link feel free to pm me for it.

Archived