Latest Argentine "middle Finger" To The Uk And The Falklands

I watched the Argentinian "Ambassador" on Sky News this afternoon.

Her statements were clearly made to piss off people and to further stir up the situation.

I'm sure the Argentinians wouldn't mind if we had the Olympic Diving Team practicing on the sunken remains of the Belgrano. I mean who cares if its a war memorial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-17946838

So I take it the UK Immigration authorities will be picking this lad up when he lands in London for the Olympics.

Argentina are spoiling for getting their asses handed to them again.

Have you ever considered a career in the diplomatic service?

No. Sorry was that not the answer you were hoping for?

I'm sure the Argentinians wouldn't mind if we had the Olympic Diving Team practicing on the sunken remains of the Belgrano. I mean who cares if its a war memorial.

I'm fairly sure the British Olympic Diving team don't use sub-aqua gear. Even Tom Daley doesn't reach 4,200 meters down when he dives off the very top board.

Vulcan bombers? This isn't the early 80s.

Also, talk of the Argentinians getting their arses handed to them is all just as silly.

Argentina doesn't have the military strength or capability to invade the Falklands without suffering significant losses.

In 1982 the Argentine forces had the element of surprise, and they were initally against a small Royal Marine Commando outpost.

Now there is a standing Resident Infantry Company, Mount Plesant Airfield is ringed with LR AA batteries, etc. Not to mention there are very regular training exercise to resist such an invasions.

To attempt an invasion at this point would do npthing but get more young Argentinians killed. And that won't be popular with the Argentine population.

To attempt an invasion

Then why the talk of 'getting their arses handed to them'? I think British forces in the Falklands act as a deterrence then there would be no arses to hand to them and no issue. I think you are getting a little excited over the subject.

Archived