Manx Forums Dummy Election

sam_iom

Who whould you give your vote to?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you reckon Delaney is definitely going to get the most votes.

I would have voted for what matters to me most which would be voting the politician who has more of an idea on human rights issues or rather a more open-minded and liberal person. Most of them seem restricted by their own narrow, insular views and seem to think they speak for the island when they really don't have a clue. In consideration of what I have heard of his views on Partnership for gay peoples I really hope he doesn't get many votes - talk about bgoted!

Delaney is definitely out for me. His manifesto is a poorly written rant slagging off the performance of the very organisation he has been a part of for the last 29 years and full of contradictions. For example he says

"...your Parliament is made up of 24 elected members....which you hold a franchise to elect or dismiss none or all at a general election. The other 9 members are not there at your behest!" yet he himself has been one of the 9 since 1996 and was trying to get another 5 year term before he got voted out. Now he slags of the position he enjoyed for 9 years.

Also in one paragraph he goes on about 'not standing idly' by and then in his letter to Sir Ronnie Flanagan he states 'I have kept my own council'. Does he want to speak up or not?

I do like his views on saving for old age and adopting the Scottish Parliament’s approach to elderly care. But he has been in the Keys or LegCo for 29 years and I don't think he has delivered and don't trust his motives.

Vote Holmes.

"I voted for Dominic Delaney "

Poor Took

That's alright because if I am wrong then at next year's election a person could be kicked out. But for the coming effective political year we need to see some rather immediate changes and we don't have time to allow someone to settle or indeed snuggle back in.

One of the changes we need to see is that the Legislative Council is democratically elected. I take it you have heard a 'safe' MLC on Manx Radio today spouting about his colleague. When a politician is parachuted into a safe position (Legislative Council) then their up-their-own-arse thinking knows no bounds.

Delaney, if nothing else, will fight to ensure there is more democracy in our sometimes rather nasty political system. And that includes ensuring WE have more say as to who is elected.

But in the meantime, don't worry, if he gets in and doesn't perform we'll all meet again November 2007.

Regards

Poor old Took

Archived