Mountain Watch

Mission

it's all very quiet about the the crash + fatality at QB-Braddan !

Investigations taking place and consideration towards the families involved?

I know about this one. I obviously can't post details, but I don't believe it was due to anything but a terribly unfortunate sequence of events rather than dangerous driving or excess speed.

• Like 5

it was locals so we don't spout about it the same as visitors we probably won't know. one rule etc etc. but yes , a real mystery, but time will tell.

Is it not a bit voyeuristic (is that the correct word ?) to want to know all the details of a fatality within a couple of days.

There is always a reason for not broadcasting names etc.

Are you covering for TSM / PL / MTP ?

I know about this one. I obviously can't post details, but I don't believe it was due to anything but a terribly unfortunate sequence of events rather than dangerous driving or excess speed.
Tremendously sad to read an unfortunate sequence of events can have such tragic outcomes. Cannot think of anything else to say.

it was locals so we don't spout about it the same as visitors we probably won't know. one rule etc etc. but yes , a real mystery, but time will tell.

Is it not a bit voyeuristic (is that the correct word ?) to want to know all the details of a fatality within a couple of days.

it is a morbid fascination with some people, I was telling it how it is, not asking for any details people we probably don't know from other parts of the world we type about from the word go, locals in similar circumstances we don't type about so readily. am I wrong in that observation? I don't have any personal interest in who because I don't believe i knew them personally, if it was someone I knew well I'd know who it was already. but I haven't heard a thing about who. very sad for the families involved and I get the lack of public info and don't have a problem with it.

it is a morbid fascination with some people, I was telling it how it is, not asking for any details people we probably don't know from other parts of the world we type about from the word go, locals in similar circumstances we don't type about so readily. am I wrong in that observation? I don't have any personal interest in who because I don't believe i knew them personally, if it was someone I knew well I'd know who it was already. but I haven't heard a thing about who. very sad for the families involved and I get the lack of public info and don't have a problem with it.

Fair enough. Point taken.thumbsup.gif

You really wonder how that has happened.

Assuming it wasn't a vehicle turning in /coming out of the campsite (which from the position is saw it didn't look to be the case) then it's a head on between a van and a shit car. Which intimates an overtaking manouvre. Why the fuck would you overtake in a shit car/van on that stretch of road? On mad Sunday too. As if there isn't enough traffic (and monitoring of 40mhp speed limits).

Why the fuck would anyone speculate or state intimations when the know people are having to deal with what's happened?

You are very wrong by the way, but also a total tosser.

• Like 1

Assuming it wasn't a vehicle turning in /coming out of the campsite (which from the position is saw it didn't look to be the case) then it's a head on between a van and a shit car. Which intimates an overtaking manouvre. Why the fuck would you overtake in a shit car/van on that stretch of road? On mad Sunday too. As if there isn't enough traffic (and monitoring of 40mhp speed limits).

Why the fuck would anyone speculate or state intimations when the know people are having to deal with what's happened?

I think the speculation is just wondering what is wrong with that bit of road and if we should be aware of an unseen hazard

(eta: like the recently corrected hazard by the Brown Bobby bus stop where you would happily be in the right turn lane and meet someone overtaking a bus facing you head on :-o )

Edited by Tempus Fugit

What a stupid post. From a stupid poster.

It happens on public forums. Get over yourself.

What a stupid post. From a stupid poster.

Fuck Off

• 3 weeks later...