Mountain Watch

Mission

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'll give you the stone bit but it will make absolutely no difference to its resistance to that lot tumbling down from behind.

Its more than doubled the width of the wall at the bottom ffs.

Edited by CrazyDave

I am

waiting for numbnuts to explain what the hell he was on about with his double flat block comments, and all the other shite he was spouting.

I guess he doesn’t have the balls to come back here and confirm he was wrong.

Edited by CrazyDave

3 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Meanwhile the Mountain road has opened from the Creg to the Bungalow, oh wait there has been a crash and it is closed again.    Nothing changes.

What?  The Creg to the Bungalow hasn’t been closed for weeks?  I have drive. That way every day this year ffs.

Edited by CrazyDave

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I am

waiting for numbnuts to explain what the hell he was on about with his double flat block comments, and all the other shite he was spouting.

I guess he doesn’t have the balls to come back here and confirm he was wrong.

But it's not double block it's single laid flat.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:26 PM, Numbnuts said:

Yes it will be as I said it was two blocks flat with a cavity and ties the other day. It’s still not stopping that rock if it decides to go. The one thing in its favour is the big cleared area behind the wall . I really think you have zero idea of the weight of rock and what it can destroy if it goes. 

Clueless

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s weird that @ffinlo@Numbnuts @Beelzebub3 @A fool and his money.....and others haven’t seen this thread for a full day now,

They must be caught up in the MT issues. 

That is a shame, as their take on the fact that it’s all clad in stone and a couple of foot thick at the bottom would have made for an interesting conversation 

I never said it wouldn't be clad in stone, in fact I went as far as to mention that the bell ties in the picture look as if that was the intention - and also went on to suggest it was typical of government to pay someone to take away and dispose of some stone before buying some similar stone to use on the same site.

As others have said though, it will not significantly add to the strength of the wall in the case of another landslide like the last two we've seen there. I'm sure it will look very nice when it's finished (it looked pretty rustic before they even put the stone on 🙂). It'll may also stop the odd falling stone and such landing on the road - one thing it won't do though is retain very much for very long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1