Mountain Watch

Mission

31 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

It was probably the wind tbf, not clowns.

Still shows the risks associated with driving under trees in high winds at a time when they have made the decision to close the mountain and send more people down that road and through Lezarye on the grounds of “safety”

• Like 2

I think winter showers are expected overnight so perhaps that’s the reason for closure? As for just gale force winds I’d much rather travel on the mountain road because it’s not lined with trees, much less chance of debris on the roads but people just can’t use common sense, there would be high sided vehicles on their side complaining that it should’ve been closed and people travelling at high speed complaining they were blown into the opposite carriageway.

29 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I think winter showers are expected overnight so perhaps that’s the reason for closure? As for just gale force winds I’d much rather travel on the mountain road because it’s not lined with trees, much less chance of debris on the roads but people just can’t use common sense, there would be high sided vehicles on their side complaining that it should’ve been closed and people travelling at high speed complaining they were blown into the opposite carriageway.

Wouldn't it be handy to have say I don't know somehting like electronic signs, big ones, at strategic places warning of high winds and the like before you got on the road?

Or if it is snow or ice, well maybe we could have like this organisation with vehicles and men that could like clear that stuff away and maybe put something gritty and salty down while they are at it. We could pay people to do that from our taxes. I hear thats what they do in other countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Wouldn't it be handy to have say I don't know somehting like electronic signs, big ones, at strategic places warning of high winds and the like before you got on the road?

Or if it is snow or ice, well maybe we could have like this organisation with vehicles and men that could like clear that stuff away and maybe put something gritty and salty down while they are at it. We could pay people to do that from our taxes. I hear thats what they do in other countries.

What about giving people eyes, and ears?  Or maybe a dashboard that warns them when it is cold outside in case they are too stupid to watch the weather forecast or see their own breath or the frost on their car 🙄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

People ignore the signs though, when it says ‘Fog, use headlights’ count up how many cars have no lights on whatsoever, equally count those who’ve paid attention to the signs initially but still have their fog lights on after conditions have cleared, all because a sign hasn’t told them to turn them off.

As for your second point, resources are probably the exact reason for closure, because idiots cannot be trusted to drive the mountain road without incident.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Snow has this dreadful habit of blowing back onto the road when it has been moved. Selfish of it really.