Mountain Watch

Mission

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

That works both ways. If you thought that you could drive safely at a higher speed, then the visibility range would have been such that you would have thought it safe to overtake. If you did not think it safe to overtake your speed would have been little different.

total bollocks

Edited by Weliveinhope

3 hours ago, Weliveinhope said:

To the guy or gal in the van who left Ramsey around 6.45 this morning and drove between 10 and 19 miles per hour all the way over the mountain, please have some consideration for other road users and pull over to let the long long queue of cars past. Whilst it was foggy, it certainly wasnt pea soup. You are clearly not confident in difficult conditions, and your lack of thought for other road users could potentialy cause an accident given the levels of frustration some drivers must have felt.

Its just about being thoughtful and having rerspect for other road users, and by that same token I'll refrain from mentioning the company.

Thanks

Perhaps the van driver identified as a cyclist?.

• Haha 2

At 6.45am, it would have been dark as well as foggy.

Here's a snapshot of how it looks/looked at midday. You can (just) make out white van man heading north, but no chance of seeing anything else, and with so many road coloured cars about, not a good day for speeding and/or overtaking.

image.png.37307b3678d979d334e9c998abd68160.png

• Like 2

It's the IOM. You can go as fast or as slow as you like. I've got some sympathy with the OP. I remember an old farmer who used to take the tractor out on the road every T.T. just to score a point. That tractor couldn't do more than 8mph but he wasn't breaking the law and he loved being contrary. Even on a clear day you can get stuck behind heavy vehicles for miles without a chance to safely overtake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weliveinhope said:

The extra time is not the issue for me, its the lack of thought, both for themselves and other road users. I would never advocate somebody driving dangerously, but given the excessively slow speeds one can make an assumption that the driver had no confidence in themself being able to handle the conditions, which in itself could be considered dangerous.

Lack of thought as in you moaning about somebody driving safely in poor conditions - get a grip son

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

1177262-1.JPG

Seriously.....how the f--- does anybody manage to put a car into that location and what speed were they doing to do it? It's UP the hill at the 26th Milestone.