Mountain Watch

Mission

The whataboutery in some of the Twitter comments is unbelievable. "Would they have asked someone to put their horse in the van?" Well, no, because a horse rider would not be up there in the first place, acting like a stupid entitled dick.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I saw this gent myself (unless he's got very similar siblings on the same day), just the top side of Guthrie's, those who brought it to the Plod's attention were doing him a favour before he got wiped out. Thick, swirling mist and a rear light with the candle power of a glow-worm's armpit. You couldn't see him until you were nearly on top of him.

Yes that’s the guy I posted about previously. I said police car instead of van but it was a van. I recognise the gulley in the road.

As soon as he was pulled over he got his phone/ camera out and started filming. 

Idiot.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Have you read his blog? I was a one time regular cyclist and that kind of shite is what gets cyclists a bad name.

Today was not the day to be up there attempting to prove a very poor point. 

Agreed.  Idiot.  I like a good ride across the mountain, but only do it a couple of times a year when conditions are perfect.  Heading up there in the fog especially, isn't only a massive danger to yourself but the other road users too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

The UK’s chief lycra defender has chimed in. He’s not making cyclists look good with this. 

Let's face it, it's comparable to riding on a motorway. Which you're not allowed to do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Let's face it, it's comparable to riding on a motorway. Which you're not allowed to do.

Nice to hear from a cyclist.

I see that idiot Vine has changed the alleged statement from the police person from:-

“ because a number of drivers have called us to complain about you “ 

to 

“ because a number of bad drivers have called us to complain about you”

He does himself no favours

• Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Nice to hear from a cyclist.

I see that idiot Vine has changed the alleged statement from the police person from:-

“ because a number of drivers have called us to complain about you “ 

to 

“ because a number of bad drivers have called us to complain about you”

He does himself no favours

JV just another useless twat who likes the sound of his own voice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

He was endangering other road users cycling up there in fog. Up his own arse like too many of the lycra brigade, obsessed with their training regime and self-image as modern road warriors fighting for their space. F**king asshole.

Plenty old dodderrs on the roads endangering us all,  up their own sad fat arses like too many of the M&S grandad lycra jean brigade.