Mountain Watch

Mission

There’s absolutely nothing that cyclist has done wrong or unlawful. Too many assholes not driving to the conditions would be more appropriate. 
I see the anti cyclist are in strong mood on here and FB regarding this but there’s not one comment from anyone anywhere regarding a driver knocking a kid of his bike the other day. 
like I’ve always said drivers would rather kill a cyclist than be safe around them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2023 at 11:16 PM, Sheldon said:

The whataboutery in some of the Twitter comments is unbelievable. "Would they have asked someone to put their horse in the van?" Well, no, because a horse rider would not be up there in the first place, acting like a stupid entitled dick.

Neigh.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gizo said:

There’s absolutely nothing that cyclist has done wrong or unlawful. Too many assholes not driving to the conditions would be more appropriate. 
I see the anti cyclist are in strong mood on here and FB regarding this but there’s not one comment from anyone anywhere regarding a driver knocking a kid of his bike the other day. 
like I’ve always said drivers would rather kill a cyclist than be safe around them. 

Indeed it is. There is a massive anti cyclist feeling.

I always say. How many car, van, lorry drivers have been killed by cyclists?

Personally I wouldn't cycle over the mountain these days. Even on a clear sunny day. It's too dangerous. I think though that that is sad. I should be able to.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Why don’t the TT brigade wear them then?

Or construction workers and police wear hi-viz for the logical reason that you want to do all you can to reduce the risk to yourself. Relying on the reflexes and attention of others to be 100% for 100% of the time is a world where we wouldn't need insurance.

Presumably the cyclista doesn't wear a helmet? Surely they are so awesome they never make a mistake or let their attention wander for even a second? 

Waiting for the petition to Tynwald to permit cyclistas on the Mountain Circuit during the next TT.

Just now, Happier diner said:

Personally I wouldn't cycle over the mountain these days. Even on a clear sunny day. It's too dangerous. I think though that that is sad. I should be able to.  

It's such a fantastic route with amazing views. Ideally there would be pavement and a cycle lane. But imposing a safe speed limit would be a good first start.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gizo said:

That’s very true. The amount of cars today with just their front running lights on was just ridiculous. As most modern cars have auto headlights, so many drivers seem to forget that these are not automatically activated in fog so we end up with minimal front lights and sweet FA at the rear. The police should definitely make it a priority to be pulling people over next time to remind people that they often can’t be seen.

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Indeed it is. There is a massive anti cyclist feeling.

I always say. How many car, van, lorry drivers have been killed by cyclists?

I’ve cycled from Ramsey over the mountain 4 times only. Twice in lockdown which was fckn amazing, I was the only one up there. It was incredible. It’s such a great climb. Twice I did it on open roads, I was shit scared. It shouldn’t be like that however there’s knobheads everywhere. I won’t be going up there anytime soon. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gizo said:

It’s a shame that if the gov really wanted to promote a healthier lifestyle, they should compulsory purchase little strips of land for cycle lanes, making good routes across the island away from all traffic. A bit like Italy has done.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

It’s a shame that if the gov really wanted to promote a healthier lifestyle, they should compulsory purchase little strips of land for cycle lanes, making good routes across the island away from all traffic. A bit like Italy has done.

It can easily be done with almost no compulsory purchase. 

Just close the railways and turn them over to paths for push bikes.

38 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Sadly Gizo, plod won't even bother to investigate near collisions with cars and cyclists. It'll take some poor sod being killed before they give five minutes of their time. Fuckers the lot of them

44 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Apart from being a hazard to himself and others. And then being a massive bell end on his 'blog'. 

The Island can well do without whiny little cunts like him 'visiting'.