Mountain Watch

Mission

16 hours ago, littlebushy said:

The spirit of Christmas and good will to all men is strong in this thread. #Heartwarming.

Banker is just angry as he keeps being banned from this forum. He’s done well in this guise but he simply can’t help being an aggressive bully trying to get other posters banned because he’s angry that he keeps getting banned himself. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Obvious said:

Banker is just angry as he keeps being banned from this forum. He’s done well in this guise but he simply can’t help being an aggressive bully trying to get other posters banned because he’s angry that he keeps getting banned himself. 

Thanks Cueey, another new puppet for you 😂

Roads were really icy this morning around 7am, my car was twitching quite a bit especially Bray Hill and QB but I did 20-30mph most of the way, some absolute clowns about jamming the anchors on and sliding about, clearly expecting magic to happen between the contact patch and icy road surface. After skating about a bit I dropped 5 PSI out of both front tyres and that helped tremendously, wonder if anyone else did the same?

Asking for a friend but if you can see someone is about to plough into the back of your stationary vehicle can you legally jump a red? because clearly quite a few had never heard of something called engine braking down Bray Hill and I was certainly eying up the left hand turn as an exit route.

So many Facebook comments from idiots asking what the grifters weren’t out.

Put some decent tyres on for winter, learn how to disable driver aids if necessary to get the best traction, and drive to the conditions ffs.  Sometimes that means changing your route to avoid steep hills, or not going out at all for a bit if you can avoid it.

Oh, and stay away from electric vehicles that have too much torque for ice and no ability to feather the clutch, plus a reduced range in cold weather.

7 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Even with good winter tyres, who in their right mind goes out in this when not absolutely essential?

People going to work at the hospital?

People going to drop food to elderly and/or vulnerable people.

Carers.

People heading to Jacks with a Sunday accumulator of the footy? (Come on Fulham)

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

People going to work at the hospital?

People going to drop food to elderly and/or vulnerable people.

Carers.

People heading to Jacks with a Sunday accumulator of the footy? (Come on Fulham)

As per my comment, "when not absolutely essential". Easy to come up with an excuse, that minibus could have easily killed someone.