Mountain Watch

Mission

accident black spot.

Whatever happened to those? You used to see the signs dotted about the place but not any more.

Not required any more - due to the dead flowers etc now left at black spots....

they've only got a team of about 10 road safety officers these days, but maybe they need a new black spot consultant/manager to organise a new department

cycle-proficiency-training.jpg

Edited by Tempus Fugit

accident black spot.

Whatever happened to those? You used to see the signs dotted about the place but not any more.

Not required any more - due to the dead flowers etc now left at black spots....

they've only got a team of about 10 road safety officers these days, but maybe they need a new black spot consultant/manager to organise a new department

cycle-proficiency-training.jpg

Well the individual 4th from the left certainly hasn't collided with a pension contribution any time recently.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The UK registered Gritter is a 6 wheeler on hire to the DOI from a UK company but is manned by the Dept staff. This should save the IOM taxpayer a few quid, as to buy and run a vehicle of this type for a few months each winter would be very costly, majority of UK companies that carry out Gritting leasehire this type of vehicle on an annual basis.

Holy thread resurection, but this evening I spotted this truck parked up next to the salt barn at Glen duff.

So are we expecting snow or have we had this on hire since last winter?

Close the Mountain Road after Christmas Eve until mid April. Open it up and repair where needed and install signage etc for TT / MGP

This I think would save vast amounts of money closing roads, scraping Snow / Ice, open roads again , close them again , scrape them again, open them again, and so on. Just so a few ' local ' idiots can show everyone how clever they are at driving their 4 wheel tanks, and gas guzzlers with big exhaust pipes in the snow flurries. There are other ways to Douglas, and the most important Ramsey - Douglas travelers (Bell and Teare ) will not require the route after next Autumn anyway, on a daily basis. Moving forward

• Like 1

Close the Mountain Road after Christmas Eve until mid April. Open it up and repair where needed and install signage etc for TT / MGP

This I think would save vast amounts of money closing roads, scraping Snow / Ice, open roads again , close them again , scrape them again, open them again, and so on. Just so a few ' local ' idiots can show everyone how clever they are at driving their 4 wheel tanks, and gas guzzlers with big exhaust pipes in the snow flurries. There are other ways to Douglas, and the most important Ramsey - Douglas travelers (Bell and Teare ) will not require the route after next Autumn anyway, on a daily basis. Moving forward

Moron.

• Like 1

Moron.

bell or teare? both???

Moron.

bell or teare? both???

Manxie44...and those other two.

Moron.

Well thought out response . Now off to work in your Subaru like a good boy. Over the Mountain of course

• Like 1

Moron.

Well thought out response . Now off to work in your Subaru like a good boy. Over the Mountain of course

I neither own a Subaru or regularly use the mountain road. I do however understand that large numbers of people do use the mountain road, be it for business or pleasure.

Your suggestion was moronic and completely devoid of any real world value. Hence me calling you a moron.

Talking of the mountain course, Peter Kennaugh beat the long standing record for getting round it on a push bike as set by Chris Boardman. Pete managed it today in 1hr 23.

Brilliant, well done to Peter - Top Manxman

• Like 1