Mountain Watch

Mission

Close the Mountain Road after Christmas Eve until mid April. Open it up and repair where needed and install signage etc for TT / MGP

This I think would save vast amounts of money closing roads, scraping Snow / Ice, open roads again , close them again , scrape them again, open them again, and so on. Just so a few ' local ' idiots can show everyone how clever they are at driving their 4 wheel tanks, and gas guzzlers with big exhaust pipes in the snow flurries. There are other ways to Douglas, and the most important Ramsey - Douglas travelers (Bell and Teare ) will not require the route after next Autumn anyway, on a daily basis. Moving forward

Moron.

Well thought out response . Now off to work in your Subaru like a good boy. Over the Mountain of course

I neither own a Subaru or regularly use the mountain road. I do however understand that large numbers of people do use the mountain road, be it for business or pleasure.

Your suggestion was moronic and completely devoid of any real world value. Hence me calling you a moron.

I don't think I ever intended any comment of mine to be of ' World Value ' and I would have thought that Business and pleasure would be the obvious reasons for using any road. My argument is that there are other ways to travel to and from Douglas and Ramsey. The Mountain Road does not have to be open year round because of that. I suggest that closing it for the Winters worst period would save a lot of money for the ever - whinging ' Tax Payer '

Close the Mountain Road after Christmas Eve until mid April. Open it up and repair where needed and install signage etc for TT / MGP

This I think would save vast amounts of money closing roads, scraping Snow / Ice, open roads again , close them again , scrape them again, open them again, and so on. Just so a few ' local ' idiots can show everyone how clever they are at driving their 4 wheel tanks, and gas guzzlers with big exhaust pipes in the snow flurries. There are other ways to Douglas, and the most important Ramsey - Douglas travelers (Bell and Teare ) will not require the route after next Autumn anyway, on a daily basis. Moving forward

Moron.

Well thought out response . Now off to work in your Subaru like a good boy. Over the Mountain of course

I neither own a Subaru or regularly use the mountain road. I do however understand that large numbers of people do use the mountain road, be it for business or pleasure.

Your suggestion was moronic and completely devoid of any real world value. Hence me calling you a moron.

I don't think I ever intended any comment of mine to be of ' World Value ' and I would have thought that Business and pleasure would be the obvious reasons for using any road. My argument is that there are other ways to travel to and from Douglas and Ramsey. The Mountain Road does not have to be open year round because of that. I suggest that closing it for the Winters worst period would save a lot of money for the ever - whinging ' Tax Payer '

Moron.

Let's put you in charge.

• Like 1

closing it for the Winters worst period would save a lot of money for the ever - whinging ' Tax Payer '

I'm pretty sure closing it won't save the tax payer a penny unless taxes are reduced in light of the savings made

Who is this ' Tax Payer ' you all drone on about, surely it couldn't be all of us, could it ?

Moron.

Let's put you in charge.

I laughed,but do be careful what you wish for Q.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

RTC UPDATE: The RTC scene on the Creg Back Road is now clear and has been gritted. Thank you

too late methinks laugh.png

What you basing that on then genius?

isn't it like poffessional snooker players chalk the cue before a bad shot, amateurs chalk it afterwards :lol:

Nope. Not really.

Chalking the cue can often avoid a bad contact.

Gritting doesn't always stop the road getting slippy, and even if it does in the short term doesn't always maintain the non slippyness without further application.

As I understand it gritting a road that isn't icy MIGHT reduce the chances of freezing or hail etc settling assuming it hasn't rained since application, or been windy, or traffic hasn't dispersed all the grit/salt.

Gritting a road after its icy should assist the melting of said ice, assuming there is sufficient traffic about, so no, not the same things at all

RTC UPDATE: The RTC scene on the Creg Back Road is now clear and has been gritted. Thank you

too late methinks laugh.png

What you basing that on then genius?

isn't it like poffessional snooker players chalk the cue before a bad shot, amateurs chalk it afterwards laugh.png

Nope. Not really.

Chalking the cue can often avoid a bad contact.

Gritting doesn't always stop the road getting slippy, and even if it does in the short term doesn't always maintain the non slippyness without further application.

As I understand it gritting a road that isn't icy MIGHT reduce the chances of freezing or hail etc settling assuming it hasn't rained since application, or been windy, or traffic hasn't dispersed all the grit/salt.

Gritting a road after its icy should assist the melting of said ice, assuming there is sufficient traffic about, so no, not the same things at all

so why do DoI 'pre-grit' roads before snow/ice ?