Mountain Watch

Mission

13 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Not as dumb as somebody who spectacularly hits a “whoosh” moment

You'll have to explain this, I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying your comment was some kind of joke that has passed me (and others) by?

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You'll have to explain this, I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying your comment was some kind of joke that has passed me (and others) by?

Still passing you by...:rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot understand it being one way for TT and two ways for the Grand Prix I know there is considerably more traffic for the TT but MGP traffic is still heavy.   Totally confusing.

less knob heads come over the MGP,  but with it trying to evolve into TT2  it may be an issue after a few head on fuck ups  up there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I cannot understand it being one way for TT and two ways for the Grand Prix I know there is considerably more traffic for the TT but MGP traffic is still heavy.   Totally confusing.

The original concept of the one way system was good - cancel out head on collisions, and make it easier for the emergency services to close in the event of an incident. And by that measure, it should have been the same for MGP. It never happened. 

Notwithstanding an early morning run over the one way is great fun, the rest of the time it is a bloody liability. It’s quite simply a fairground ride. There is no effective way of making it safer, or effectively policing it. The police patrols are there simply to close it down and respond to the incident.

needs a rethink.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Notwithstanding an early morning run over the one way is great fun, the rest of the time it is a bloody liability. It’s quite simply a fairground ride.

Which is at least part of the Island's event USP. Part of what brings the people here to save our apparently burgeoning and growing economy which shouldn't even need them because we're told it's doing so well in other areas.

Which is why it won't change anytime soon. Not saying that you're wrong D. Just what you're up against. It's an oxymoron. A contradiction in interests.

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Which is at least part of the Island's event USP. Part of what brings the people here to save our apparently burgeoning and growing economy which shouldn't even need them because we're told it's doing so well in other areas.

Which is why it won't change anytime soon. Not saying that you're wrong D. Just what you're up against. It's an oxymoron. A contradiction in interests.

I would wholeheartedly agree. But when the DOI refuse me a road closure for a marshaled an managed event because it is ‘high risk’ I find it difficult to reconcile their open road policy.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I would wholeheartedly agree. But when the DOI refuse me a road closure for a marshaled an managed event because it is ‘high risk’ I find it difficult to reconcile their open road policy.

like you said elsewhere though, you thought it was personal so there isn't a chance to reconcile it.  but the MGP is arguably more of a risk up there because as it is 2 way all the cone chicanes aren't there to slow muppets down at the appropriate places.

• Like 1