Mountain Watch

Mission

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I think the DOI and I clashed on so many things over the years let’s just say there isn’t likely to be a desk waiting for me. I was never cut out to be a civil servant in any case.

These jobs must be advertised on Jobtrain ? That said, apparently a post I read of the other week (which had some very odd parameters for what it was) had allegedly been created for a retiring senior police officer. When they didn’t want it, the post went away again.

it is what it is.

is jobtrain a branch of gravytrain?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Derek Flint said:
14 hours ago, finlo said:

Slightly O/T but talking of cop's did I hear inspector Andy Kneen on the radio as some sort of high flying roadworks expert at the Doi now? 

Yes, I believe he has been taken on as some sort of media spokesperson.

Andy talks a lot of pragmatic sense. It will be interesting to see how he gets on down there. Maybe he can help make a difference.

This is typical of the current Manx government isn't it?  If you are making a hash of things, don't bother trying to improve what you are doing.  Just employ more 'media spokespeople' to try to blarney the fuss away.  Which they can't of course, but they have the function of acting as a barrier to keep those in charge away from the public and any responsibility.  These spokespeople don't have any power to change things and they may be no more up to date with what is happening than the rest of us, as we see with the Prom.  But appointing them makes the management feel like it's doing something.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

This is typical of the current Manx government isn't it?  If you are making a hash of things, don't bother trying to improve what you are doing.  Just employ more 'media spokespeople' to try to blarney the fuss away.  Which they can't of course, but they have the function of acting as a barrier to keep those in charge away from the public and any responsibility.  These spokespeople don't have any power to change things and they may be no more up to date with what is happening than the rest of us, as we see with the Prom.  But appointing them makes the management feel like it's doing something.

in fairness, there are a couple of ex cops, including Andy, in Network Planning now. I think they may well bring some good influence. 

58 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

in fairness, there are a couple of ex cops, including Andy, in Network Planning now. I think they may well bring some good influence. 

Well you'd hope so, but the basic problem remains that they're not the ones making the decisions, who should be the ones who are responsible.  In fact I suspect that the real situation is that no one is properly in charge.  

Edited by Roger Mexico
Missing word.
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Been a bike crash at Hillberry this morning, hope those involved are ok. Many Police in attendance.

what else was involved?   how  do you crash there at 40mph or less?

edit;  can't be good, the road is still closed according to the electronic signage

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1