Mountain Watch

Mission

I had the misfortune to pass through that scene this morning. Judging by what was left of the bike I'd venture that it wasn't a 40mph incident. But the facts will out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Sad news. That corner has claimed so many lives over the years.

I don’t recall that many and I am local. I do remember the poor young mum taken out through no fault of her own. Hope that fella has nightmares every night. Bastard

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I had the misfortune to pass through that scene this morning. Judging by what was left of the bike I'd venture that it wasn't a 40mph incident. But the facts will out.

Modern bikes are made out of plastic and held together with hope. It's certainly possible to have a bike that looks like hell after a low-ish speed incident.

Still, very sad whatever happened.

43 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I wonder whether getting up at the crack of dawn because it is a beautiful day and you fancy doing a lap before everyone else gets up and on the roads could cause you to have an accident like this.

Was he even going clockwise on "the course". I had a feeling he may have been heading north, maybe just going to work. Guessing though. Sad whatever the reason and 67 is not old and probably not much above the average TT fan's age.

Edited by dilligaf

52 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Was he even going clockwise on "the course". I had a feeling he may have been heading north, maybe just going to work. Guessing though. Sad whatever the reason and 67 is not old and probably not much above the average TT fan's age.

Coming off the mountain road suggests he was heading towards Onchan

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I wonder whether getting up at the crack of dawn because it is a beautiful day and you fancy doing a lap before everyone else gets up and on the roads could cause you to have an accident like this.

Low blood sugar levels possibly; not really a great time of day. Terribly sad for family and friends.