Mountain Watch

Mission

Just now, finlo said:

You're more likely to have a heart attack opening your electricity bill.

Indeed. I just got mine for the warm, daylight summer period and felt obliged to utter a few oaths....

• Like 3

I've used FA electricity, out at work all day, been no heating or lighting to speak of, just the washing machine a couple of times a week and the cooker/oven for evening meal (if it's not been salad stuff). The good Dr Allinson and his MUA accountancy mates are taking the piss.

ETA But let's not forget how it's all necessary either.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

Time to bring in a UK regulator to investigate these prices and put a cat among the pigeons. That's what any government should be doing. How much does the MEA buy off the U.K. grid ?

It would be better and cheaper for the Manx consumer if the government took over the debt and then sold the MEA off. We're going to be paying these sorts of charges for decades to come.  

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How?

You must live in a mansion or heat by electric.

I have a decent sized house and we use a lot of electric and 80 a month is covering it.  Comfortably.

Heat by oil all led lights full automation out all day!

16 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Time to bring in a UK regulator to investigate these prices and put a cat among the pigeons. That's what any government should be doing. How much does the MEA buy off the U.K. grid ?

It would be better and cheaper for the Manx consumer if the government took over the debt and then sold the MEA off. We're going to be paying these sorts of charges for decades to come.  

I thought the Govt already had taken it over? Now repaying Treasury on an essentially "internal repayment" basis? I stand to be corrected btw.

21 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How?

You must live in a mansion or heat by electric.

I have a decent sized house and we use a lot of electric and 80 a month is covering it.  Comfortably.

Wait until you get a non estimated meter reading!:o

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, finlo said:

Heat by oil all led lights full automation out all day!

Doesn't make any sense.  I have none of that efficient lighting.  Dishwasher on every day. Washer and dryer on probably 2 to 3 times a week.  Fish tank.  Numerous household members using stuff.  Lights always on (annoying that no one can switch them off).  

I dont understand how you are touching 400 per bill and I'm about 240 ish.  Just makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Doesn't make any sense.  I have none of that efficient lighting.  Dishwasher on every day. Washer and dryer on probably 2 to 3 times a week.  Fish tank.  Numerous household members using stuff.  Lights always on (annoying that no one can switch them off). I

Fish tank, FFS middle class homes! 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Doesn't make any sense.  I have none of that efficient lighting.  Dishwasher on every day. Washer and dryer on probably 2 to 3 times a week.  Fish tank.  Numerous household members using stuff.  Lights always on (annoying that no one can switch them off).  

I dont understand how you are touching 400 per bill and I'm about 240 ish.  Just makes no sense to me.

Well it can only be the dishwasher/washing machine/tumble dryer oh and the beer fridge!

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Well it can only be the dishwasher/washing machine/tumble dryer oh and the beer fridge!

Are your dishwasher/washing machines drawing hot water from the pre-heated domestic supply (boiler) or heating their water themselves via electricity? Especially on the hot wash programs they use loads if so. Tumble dryers can eat the stuff too :(

Beer fridges are acceptable use :D

But that still doesn't excuse MUA in any way shape or form.

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Are your dishwasher/washing machines drawing hot water from the pre-heated domestic supply (boiler) or heating their water themselves via electricity? Especially on the hot wash programs they use loads if so. Tumble dryers can eat the stuff too :(

Beer fridges are acceptable use :D

But that still doesn't excuse MUA in any way shape or form.

All modern appliances only come with a cold feed.

Although I suppose you could connect it to the hot?

Edited by finlo
Added info