Mountain Watch

Mission

There have been more accidents on the mountain road since Howard proudly announced the end of the temporary speed limit. Go figure. It was like lowering the start flag. This phrase 'lack of talent' is really working too isn't it. All it does is raise the game. FFS stop using it. Can't you see that the boy racers are trying to measure themselves against it... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There have been more accidents on the mountain road since Howard proudly announced the end of the temporary speed limit. Go figure. It was like lowering the start flag. This phrase 'lack of talent' is really working too isn't it. All it does is raise the game. FFS stop using it. Can't you see that the boy racers are trying to measure themselves against it... 

My daily commute. At least 25 now since, by my reckoning going on Police/news reports and obvious incident marks on roads and verges. Including one which was almost a head on into me at Brandywell two weeks ago.

The dicks need protecting from themselves, they're not fit to be on the roads. And everybody else needs protecting from the dicks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I agree with this about the " lack of talent/running out of talent " comments.

Also, that isn't always the case.   

34 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They need to have a traffic patrol up there at peak times as that’s when it is the worst. I remember back in the day when they fancied real policing they had the RS Cosworth up at the Bungalow or Windy Corner ready to have a go. Now it’s just a free for all and the chances of being caught are negligible which is why they run out of talent well before anyone picks them up. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They need to have a traffic patrol up there at peak times as that’s when it is the worst. I remember back in the day when they fancied real policing they had the RS Cosworth up at the Bungalow or Windy Corner ready to have a go. Now it’s just a free for all and the chances of being caught are negligible which is why they run out of talent well before anyone picks them up. 

Can’t argue with that post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The problem is dickheads who openly brag that they're going up there to hammer it. Good thing we don't have any of those on here eh?

TBF, there is a massive difference between those capable of driving at speed, and those driving at speed. The tell tale is usually the  wheels in the air. Just saying

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

TBF, there is a massive difference between those capable of driving at speed, and those driving at speed. The tell tale is usually the  wheels in the air. Just saying

How does one find out if one has this talent? Does ascertaining it involve other road users too?

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Car also makes a massive difference.  80 in a Ford Focus or Fiesta isn't like 80 in a high performance purpose built sports car.

• Like 1