Mountain Watch

Mission

16 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

We dont need speed limits though, we need better drivers..............................

If anyone can let us know where we find these better drivers please let the us all know.

In the meantime lets put a 50 in place and some average speed cameras.

I'd go with 60mph max limit

Edited by doc.fixit

So many of these ‘speeding issue’ areas could be transformed with velocity controlled traffic lights as they have in Portugal. Kirk Michael is a good example. Two more crossings at each end of the village and convert the one by the shop. Approach at more than whatever the set limit is and they change to red. 

People soon modify their  behaviours 

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

So many of these ‘speeding issue’ areas could be transformed with velocity controlled traffic lights as they have in Portugal. Kirk Michael is a good example. Two more crossings at each end of the village and convert the one by the shop. Approach at more than whatever the set limit is and they change to red. 

People soon modify their  behaviours 

Not sure that they’ve proved successful. Next village but one to where I have my holiday home had them for 10years, set at 30kmh. Place was always jammed.  Removed and replaced with Pelicans. Traffic flows more smoothly and seems just as safe.

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not sure that they’ve proved successful. Next village but one to where I have my holiday home had them for 10years, set at 30kmh. Place was always jammed.  Removed and replaced with Pelicans. Traffic flows more smoothly and seems just as safe.

the motorists probably still think they are VC lights.