Mountain Watch

Mission

21 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

During the big snow the local farmer cleared  our estate for free and a couple of a local farmers' men used his equipment to clear the lane.

During the big snow farmers were employed and well paid Island wide to help with the snow clear up, they repaid the taxpayer by putting in bills for £thousands for damaged fences along most roads that were damaged by the snow clearance operations. Nothing is for free!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also a serious RTC on curragh road st John’s with road closed 

Rumours its to do with that stupid crossing thing on the heritage trail.

If it is, whoever signed that thing off needs adding to the list of government cockwombles who need sacking.

Never seen anything like it and have no idea how it was ever allowed.

Gives pedestrians and cyclist a false sense of security and most traffic seems to pay no attention at all to it (i don't think legally they have to)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also a serious RTC on curragh road st John’s with road closed 

I really hope its got nothing to do with that ridiculous painted section, that looks like some sort of crossing but isn’t a crossing.  I very nearly had a collision myself with someone who ran straight across without looking, my tyre skid mark is probably still on the ‘crossing’, I was heading South whilst they ran from East to West.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Rumours its to do with that stupid crossing thing on the heritage trail.

If it is, whoever signed that thing off needs adding to the list of government cockwombles who need sacking.

Never seen anything like it and have no idea how it was ever allowed.

Gives pedestrians and cyclist a false sense of security and most traffic seems to pay no attention at all to it (i don't think legally they have to)

It has no legal basis and should never have been painted on the road.

Its one thing causing confusion like the not legal zebras on the prom, they are slow speed but that thing in St Johns is criminal on a fast bit of road.

I hope if it is on there and the person involved is okay soon and then they take the DOI to the cleaners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

It has no legal basis and should never have been painted on the road.

Its one thing causing confusion like the not legal zebras on the prom, they are slow speed but that thing in St Johns is criminal on a fast bit of road.

From memory, there were quite a few on here, including me, who posted on here questioning the legality of that aberration when it was first unveiled. There are strict rules and conditions (and laws) attached to road markings, to include design, size and colours used. These have been arrived at through time, common sense and experience. Odin's wife's hairband doesn't appear in any of them.

I sincerely hope that whoever is involved is not seriously hurt and that the bell-end who decided that road-marking regulations didn't apply to their ideas can be nailed a long way up a pole adjacent to the junction and left there.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

From memory, there were quite a few on here, including me, who posted on here questioning the legality of that aberration when it was first unveiled. There are strict rules and conditions attached to road markings, to include design, size and colours used. These have been arrived at through time, common sense and experience. Odin's wife's hairband doesn't appear in any of them.

I sincerely hope that whoever is involved is not seriously hurt and that the bell-end who decided that road-marking regulations didn't apply to their ideas can be nailed a long way up a pole adjacent to the junction and left there.

While they were digging the road up it would been a perfect opportunity to put a proper crossing there.