Mountain Watch

Mission

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Hardly selfish.

If ibhad lived in a house for years and they  installed those things outside I would be getting them removed as well.

Dad enough for people on estates etc that have those stupid speed bumps outside.

Why are speed bumps stupid ?

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

If you used to have nice house that traffic went past, quietly, at 25mph and the put a speed bump outside.

You now have a car slowing down, bumping and crashing over the speed bump, then accelerating away.

Have you heard the noise when a van or lorry goes over one.

I know people who have moved house due to it.

Edited by horatiotheturd

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If you used to have nice house that traffic went past, quietly, at 25mph and the put a speed bump outside.

You now have a car slowing down, bumping and crashing over the speed bump, then accelerating away.

Have you heard the noise when a van or lorry goes over one.

I know people who have moved house due to it.

The biggest issue with speed bumps is the type of driver they’re designed to slow down doesn’t actually care about causing damage to their vehicle, they’ll smash over them regardless.

We have one on the entrance to our estate it doesn’t really bother me other than the pot holes that develop either side of it but I’ve seen people absolutely fly over it like it doesn’t exist, it’s mostly company vans/parcel vans but you’ll see the heavily distracted yummy mummy Qashqui/Juke not give them a second thought either, especially if late for school pick up.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

No evidence that it did actually happen on this crossing, it’s all assumption at the moment.

Those rumble strips were a shit design anyway, within a day people were driving around the edge of them so only one wheel was going over them, they wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes with the amount of wagons going down that road.

No real surprise to anyone that it has been confirmed to be a car and a mountain bike at the crossing

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, english zloty said:

No real surprise to anyone that it has been confirmed to be a car and a mountain bike at the crossing

They seem to have carefully avoided using any mention of the heritage trail or the crossing and have only said that it occurred near the entrance to the amenity site junction, also asked for no speculation as to the cause of the accident.

Well I know what I’m placing my bet on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Why are there no staggered gates each side of the road. Effing glad I had no part in this stupid “ junction”. Does make you wonder who does these things and the reasoning behind them.

Edited by dilligaf

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

they weren't speed bumps exactly though , they were more of a rumble strip, like 6 little speed bumps a foot apart,  the sort of thing that reduces to 5 then 4 then 3 etc to give you a physical indication to how close you are getting to something, so it isn't one bump it would be a drum solo every time a car went past.

Just now, WTF said:

they weren't speed bumps exactly though , they were more of a rumble strip, like 6 little speed bumps a foot apart,  the sort of thing that reduces to 5 then 4 then 3 etc to give you a physical indication to how close you are getting to something, so it isn't one bump it would be a drum solo every time a car went past.

Thanks, I appreciate that. But Sultan or someone said speed bumps were stupid. Different thing but the aim is the same. Safer motoring.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. But Sultan or someone said speed bumps were stupid. Different thing but the aim is the same. Safer motoring.

Was me.

They are stupid and horrible noisy if they are outside your house (speed bumps, and rumble strips)

Plus if yiu had the one in Crosby or the one in Parliament Street outside younhosue then the noise of vehicles bottoming out and teeth getting smashed would wind you right up.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Good mates are you? I got that address off a letter of complaint to him I'd found on the internet. One of a great many I expect.

I wonder how many of them he actually bothered to read?

• Like 1