Mountain Watch

Mission

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

Rest in peace that young man. 

My thoughts are with his family and friends. 

Have seen this a lot online today.

I agree of course, but have to say my thoughts are also with the driver and anyone else in that vehicle and their family and friends, plus any witnesses and those emergency services involved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What an absolute horrific outcome for all involved, after the near miss I had it makes me feel sick to be honest. I hate the whole “lessons will be learned” bullshit that will now invariably follow, even though they didn’t listen to any of the concerns or complaints when it was first revealed.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

Tragic incident, can’t imagine how his loved ones must be feeling. 

Can I however go all ‘John Wright’ here though and suggest no speculation as to cause, or suggestions for punishment for those who might be responsible? Could prejudice any future legal case. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Can I however go all ‘John Wright’ here though and suggest no speculation as to cause, or suggestions for punishment for those who might be responsible? Could prejudice any future legal case. 

Let’s all hope that there isn’t one

10 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Maitre Wright to you, or Notaire Wright, or Advocate Wright, which the Law Society tried to introduce 20 years ago. 

Please, Ian, ‘saw bones’, Mr, Dr Wright, is correct. No speculation. 

There may be a trial, there will be an inquest if there isn’t. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Maitre Wright to you, or Notaire Wright, or Advocate Wright, which the Law Society tried to introduce 20 years ago. 

Are you going to do some tidying up John? Plenty of mentions towards the possible ‘site’ in question, including my own speculation on the last few pages, I wouldn’t want that jeopardising anything.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Have you thought about Defence Wright, like Wheelwright?

Edit to add: A tragic incident, my sincere condolences to family and friends,  and to the others involved. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Have you thought about Defence Wright, like Wheelwright?

There was once an advocate, KWC educated, and probably having been kicked to the head in rugby once too often,  used to stress some words oddly, De-fault and de-fence were two. I’ve always found de-fence sitting uncomfortable.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Are you going to do some tidying up John? Plenty of mentions towards the possible ‘site’ in question, including my own speculation on the last few pages, I wouldn’t want that jeopardising anything.

No. It’s not crossed the line. There are no names. But it’s time to remind posters to be careful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wrighty said:

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Two Wrights don't make a wrong. 

Very sad and emotional but it is wrong to speculate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

teacher asks pupil to give a sentence using, 'defence', 'defeat' and 'detail'

Pupil replies. 'De horse jumps de fence, first de feet and den de tail.

Hope this doesn't offend any one.

Doc, if humour offends, the offended have the problem.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

In my time I have had to engage a few lawyers. All of them ended up with the title "That prick" followed by their surname after they failed to live up to promises they made at the start to justify their fees.....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

In my time I have had to engage a few lawyers. All of them ended up with the title "That prick" followed by their surname after they failed to live up to promises they made at the start to justify their fees.....................

Some are good, some are bad, same as any profession. It’s a shame that professions are always clouded with the perceived bad ones though. Although, yes, paying through the nose for a bad lawyer is particularly grating.