Mountain Watch

Mission

31 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To add to the debate, this morning I was in town for a coffee and catch up with some friends who had just arrived, (joke btw, but I was in town). 

I stood on the pavement outside Admiral House where there is a lowered kerb, some different coloured paving and paving across the road but nothing to indicate it was a crossing, like black and white stripes like the one on the other side of Regent Street.  A car did stop for me, but what is it?   I am all for using your common sense, but I don't know if the car should have stopped, whether I should be using it at all or whether it was different, in road rules terms, from the other clear zebra crossing just next to it. 

Manx solutions to Manx problems.

55 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To add to the debate, this morning I was in town for a coffee and catch up with some friends who had just arrived, (joke btw, but I was in town). 

I stood on the pavement outside Admiral House where there is a lowered kerb, some different coloured paving and paving across the road but nothing to indicate it was a crossing, like black and white stripes like the one on the other side of Regent Street.  A car did stop for me, but what is it?   I am all for using your common sense, but I don't know if the car should have stopped, whether I should be using it at all or whether it was different, in road rules terms, from the other clear zebra crossing just next to it. 

That’s what a was referring to when I mentioned a crossing and not a crossing. Confusion between vehicle drivers and pedestrians / cyclists is never good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It was a miracle that no one was killed up at the Glencrutchery traffic lights when they had that traffic system (?) in place last year. Maybe the same jobsworth designed the St Johns crossing point. 

Glencrutchery still hasn't been painted out properly and is still a hazard. Around half the drivers still keep right. Only a matter of time.

26 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Glencrutchery still hasn't been painted out properly and is still a hazard. Around half the drivers still keep right. Only a matter of time.

The blanking out of the bus and cycle lane signs has washed off, so it looks like the temporary measures are back. 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

They we’re going around pubs etc, not sure if there’s more to the case but jail for driving around with someone else is harsh in my opinion 

Ok I might put aside my sensibilities if, on being caught, the punishment is a fine only...wouldn't dream of doing it at the prosepct of jail time though