Mountain Watch

Mission

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

They we’re going around pubs etc, not sure if there’s more to the case but jail for driving around with someone else is harsh in my opinion 

So how do you make the law?

Two people can meet in close contact in a car but can / can’t 

Meet in a house?

Meet in a pub?

Meet in a garden?

Etc

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

So how do you make the law?

Two people can meet in close contact in a car but can / can’t 

Meet in a house?

Meet in a pub?

Meet in a garden?

Etc

All I’m saying is that a fine may have been more appropriate than jail, if they had been going around pubs whilst supposedly in quarantine then agree jail

Breaching lockdown conditions/un-necessary journey (according to Police Tweet IIRC?).

Crashed car, putting it on its roof, if it endangered other road users, Dangerous Driving, depending on the circumstances.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

All I’m saying is that a fine may have been more appropriate than jail, if they had been going around pubs whilst supposedly in quarantine then agree jail

But it's the message it sends out. How many emergency services were involved in pulling those two knob ends off the mountain? And as NB says, dangerous driving and other road users...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

But it's the message it sends out. How many emergency services were involved in pulling those two knob ends off the mountain? And as NB says, dangerous driving and other road users...

What about the guy at top of peel hill who broke ankle or guy who went off road at marine drive who had coastguard, police, ambulances etc involved should they be punished for unnecessary journeys 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know two of those people, neither of them are what you could describe as bright, but neither are they what you'd describe as criminal either.

Sounds like most of them are just stupid except the burglar type and jailing them seems excessive to me but guess I’m in a minority 

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Sounds like most of them are just stupid except the burglar type and jailing them seems excessive to me but guess I’m in a minority 

Nail them up I say. Nail some sense into them! They'd do it in Guesrnsey:D