Mountain Watch

Mission

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

IOM newspapers seem to be happy to publish a few more details

You’ll notice it’s strictly factual. No speculation about fault, the appropriateness or otherwise of the layout, design and warnings on the crossing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

You’ll notice it’s strictly factual. No speculation about fault, the appropriateness or otherwise of the layout, design and warnings on the crossing.

yes, and the fact is now everyone has the opportunity to see what people are on about.

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

There is nothing contentious there. A couple of photos of the scene and a recap of what has been released already 

Derek, I've never seen a crossing like that, what does it mean?

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Are there any warning signs up on either road warning of cyclists etc or on the heritage trail warning of entering main road?

Here in lies the rub. I would like to think (obviously I refrain from using "expect") that there would be a halt or give way instruction or at least something that expresses that there is no right of way over traffic on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Are there any warning signs up on either road warning of cyclists etc or on the heritage trail warning of entering main road?

Nothing on the road.

There are blue signs with white writing on the trail telling you to give way.  They are position pretty much right where you hit the "crossing"

FB_IMG_1611144440392.jpg

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1