Mountain Watch

Mission

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

A couple.of observations from a trip over last night.

The driver of MAN 91 (a Nissan XTrail) is a whopper and an accident waiting to happen.

It looks like the "speed it up to Windy Corner, turn round and race back" people are about again.

I travel this route regularly and the driving up there recently has been hideous. I was overtaken couple weeks back by a van, there was an oncoming vehicle and I was going at 45 or thereabouts (slow but driving to conditions). I wouldn’t care if they went off the side but do not endanger others.  

• 2 months later...

Yes, 33rd Milestone, I've just been diverted off at the Creg, 2nd time in a couple of weeks now. No injuries apparently but Police now advising of 3hr road closure.

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Bloody hell ! How far is that from the road ? I'll bet even Flinty hasn't seen one go that far. That must have been some speed to get all the way down there through peat bog and heather.

Could have been the result of a medical issue - heart attack etc. Happened round here recently.

12 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Bloody hell ! How far is that from the road ? I'll bet even Flinty hasn't seen one go that far. That must have been some speed to get all the way down there through peat bog and heather.

Also,

Some decades ago I was driving along there on a hot morning and there were mirages, almost drove off the road.

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

But that's some velocity to get that far. It doesn't look good for whoever was in the car. Emergency vehicles will struggle to get down there.

Medical issue, foot stays on the pedal etc? I agree it's a way off the road. 

43 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No description available.

lets hope it spreads to that eyesore of a black plastic wrapped round bale that has been down there ever since it ended up off the side of the road when being used as part of a rally chicane, maybe the fire brigade can just unwrap it and cut the webbing so it can finally rot/blow away if it isn't burning.