Second-Hand Paperbacks

ACLDM

I have shed loads I want to get rid of too, I've seen a website but thought the cost of sending them over (it wasn't freepost) would probably out weigh what I would've gotten in return?! Anyhoo, whilst having a Sunday drive recently, I noticed Jurby Junk have one entrance for "junk" and one for books so it may be worth checking out - please let us know how you get on thumbsup.gif

Any charity shop. You can even get rid of your old ones and give yourself a big pat on the back for being such a jolly good sort.

Anything that goes to Jurby will never be read by anyone again, it's like a prison for old literature.

Thanks folks - never thought about Jurby Junk, but it's a long way down to Jurby from Port Erin :D Will look into it though. Merkin, yes I've always donated my books to the hospice shop before now (Dad died in the hospice so it's a charity I have a particular affinity with and have always donated to) but lately I've found out that when they've had too many books building up in the shop they just bring them down to the tip and they end up in landfil which seems a waste. The place in Peel was really good - didn't get much for the books I brought in, but I always wanted to buy a few he was selling too so I ended up with a few weeks reading free of charge in return for the ones I was finished with. But I suppose the fact that the shop folded proves that there's no money to be made in selling old books - not surprising I suppose when Tesco is now selling books from the top ten at 2 for £7.00 (when they retail individually at £7.99 per book). Whatsername, there's an online site you can use called greenmetropolis.com where you can sell your book for £3.75 but have to pay the postage yourself (which is usually about £2.60) - been using it myself both to buy and sell but it takes a while for books to sell because there's so many of them. I've tried eBay and Amazon too, but without much success.

Archived