Martin Mcguiness To Shake Hands With The Queen

wrighty

All the reports about this have been saying what a momentous decision it is for the ex-IRA leader to decide to shake the Queen's hand. (Even Alan Bell's been taking credit for it talking about it)

Surely it should be the other way round? What if she doesn't want to shake his hand?

If Mr Bell is so good at this peace resolution business I suggest we send him to Syria immediately.

He seems to have made the peace over the andreas scandal, give him some credit.

All the reports about this have been saying what a momentous decision it is for the ex-IRA leader to decide to shake the Queen's hand. (Even Alan Bell's been taking credit for it talking about it)

Oh I can just imagine McGuinness and Bell as bezzies: Bell regaling him with stories of daring do in the name of the cause as a member of Fo Halloo, despite a couple of members I've talked to barely remembering he was ever a part of it - never mind an active one.

Bell: Now Martin, reconciliation is the key to achieving your political aims at this point. Hang on... yes... I've got it! You should shake hands with the Queen!

McGuiness: Who are you, how did you get in here, and who in the name of fock is the drunk staggering around my garden with no pants and holding a suitcase?

Bell: Oh! Martin, you are a card! I'm your old pal Allan, remember the Anglo-Irish Conferences?

McGuiness: What? No! Maybe... were you on reception at one of the hotels? I haven't got time for this, there's some kind of lunatic in my garden

Bell: Now Martin, don't you be so naughty! You know full well who I am: Allan, Allan Bell! International Statesman of World Renown, friend and pin up to the rich and powerful everywhere, and Chief Minister of the Isle of Man.

McGuiness: Jeeezus, are you still talking? Boys, get t'is wee tit out of my sight, and deal with y'man in the nip who's trampling me prize hebe.

*** Allan's focibly carried away, screaming like a toddler about the enemy within and deception, vowing to forever wreck a terrible revenge upon the six counties ***

As an act of Christian forgiveness, done for the sake of everyone, the Queen is setting a remarkable example.

''As an act of christian forgiveness''...?

"For the sake of everyone''...?

Why ''CHRISTIAN forgiveness''...?

Who is ''everyone''...?

It's all pure symbolic nonsense which costs money and solves nowt, in the long run. A religious divide still exists in NI and it's a long way from being sorted so interpreting Brenda's visit as some sort of salve is pure folly.

i don't get that it is Martin shaking Elizabeths hand, in all the papers, surely they are shaking each others hands? Or is it just anglo centric royalist bias in the English media?

To me, the bias is in the opposite direction. It's being reported as 'what a big-hearted, magnanimous man Mr McGuiness is for deciding to let bygones be bygones and shake the Queen's hand', without any mention of what she may think about the whole thing. Clearly she's agreed to do it, as I doubt she'll pull away at the last moment and flick him the Vs. That would be pretty cool though.

Why would he not want to shake the hand of the leader of the establishment who have been funding him and his mates 'games' for the past x number of years?

Any chance of substantiation to what you're saying? Or is this more conjecture of the tin-hat society...?

Archived