Martin Mcguiness To Shake Hands With The Queen

wrighty

I think it was certainly a pretty remarkable thing for the Queen to pull off with such elegance - considering the IRA murdered her cousin - Louis Mountbatten. How many of us would be willing to do the same?

It was a remarkable thing for the Queen to do especially, as you say, because of the murder of her cousin and the plots to murder her too.

I personally could never forgive anyone who hurt my family but I appreciate the Queen is in a totally different situation where diplomacy rules. Hope she burnt those gloves she was wearing though.

All the reports about this have been saying what a momentous decision it is for the ex-IRA leader to decide to shake the Queen's hand. (Even Alan Bell's been taking credit for it talking about it)

Surely it should be the other way round? What if she doesn't want to shake his hand?

If I was the Queen I'd shake his hand publicly in a very high profile way and then secretly arrange with the secret service/SAS for the fucker to die in a car crash the morning after just to make a point. I'd be sitting watching Sky News beaming from ear to ear.

All the reports about this have been saying what a momentous decision it is for the ex-IRA leader to decide to shake the Queen's hand. (Even Alan Bell's been taking credit for it talking about it)

Surely it should be the other way round? What if she doesn't want to shake his hand?

If I was the Queen I'd shake his hand publicly in a very high profile way and then secretly arrange with the secret service/SAS for the fucker to die in a car crash the morning after just to make a point. I'd be sitting watching Sky News beaming from ear to ear.

I think that's how it's been done for centuries, nothing has changed.

I think it was certainly a pretty remarkable thing for the Queen to pull off with such elegance - considering the IRA murdered her cousin - Louis Mountbatten. How many of us would be willing to do the same?

Given the botch up he did in India as the last viceroy, some might say he had even more blood in his hands!

Archived