Fake Cigarette Terror Alert Panic

Amadeus

If your way of life and freedoms are interupted because of some unsubstantiated risk then fear wins. It is better for life to go on despite the unlikely risk of something happening - much better than giving in to fear and control.

Remember that most people in Britain have lived through decades of terrorism - that threat was ultimately largely defused by political engagement and by listening to people. And before that, the Blitz.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I have only recently bought an electronic cigarette and I feel uncomfortable using it in No Smoking areas because it gives off smoke. Not because I might be accused of being a terrorist but because it gives of a vapor.

How is it any different to the real thing if you can draw on one and blow out a cloud of chemicals? Will this event see them banned too?

BR - relax, it doesn't give off smoke, just generates a bit of steam. My understanding is that nicotine itself is about as healthy as your five a day veggies - it's the other shite in burning tobacco (primarily tar and carbon gases) that makes smoking it a health hazard. E-fags are just steam generators and my understanding is that the amount of residual nicotine in the vapour you exhale is around the same amount of caffeine a tea or coffee drinker exhales after a gulp of a tasty hot beverage.

I've just upgraded to one with a tank and a big battery that lasts at least a day between refills/recharges. Looks a bit like a clarinet, so hopefully the SWAT team won't assume it's a pocket bazooka and unleash a 50mm sniper round on my ass.

Remember folks it's not just those pesky Muslims we need to be afraid of, we're now being told that people like the Norwegian bloke, with blonde hair and blue eyes, could now be plotting to send many of us to meet our maker.

So trust no-one, be suspicious of everyone and report everything. Just to be on the safe side. Mind how you go.....

Archived