Big Wheel

Slim

StoneChase and Beatles numbers ???

We started with a Lee Rocker number called Bulletproof. Lee Rocker is better known for being the bass player for the Stray Cats.

The indie tent was great - you guys really attracted a wider audience (which is a great thing to do) than is normal at the Blues Fest.

Hope you guys do it again next year. Maybe I might even get time to come down and listen !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The police did close glen road later on on saturday night.

No, they made it one way which was much better than the bowling alley I had to drive through earlier in the evening while avoiding the human skittles. Was one way from Laxey Football pitch to the Shore direction.

Would have been nice if I knew that in advance of forcing my way to the Shore on the return journey though only to find I had to drive up Minorca and come back round.

I realise this is outside of the control of the organisers, but I would have thought the Police would have taken more precautionary steps in advance.

StoneChase and Beatles numbers ???

We started with a Lee Rocker number called Bulletproof. Lee Rocker is better known for being the bass player for the Stray Cats.

The indie tent was great - you guys really attracted a wider audience (which is a great thing to do) than is normal at the Blues Fest.

Hope you guys do it again next year. Maybe I might even get time to come down and listen !

Sorry Stonechase - I thought you started with Please Please Me - must have been another group. But you definitely had the audience going.

Hey Observer, that was your daughter who fell alseep during Walter Ego? Heh, that was hilarious, Strings was gutted someone could sleep through his set :)

Saw you pushing barrels DTCB, didn't realise you were helping organise, definitely do it again! Was a fantastic stage, though the main thing I'd suggest would be to have it on the grass not the concrete. Less people standing around, more sitting and chilling, and less broken glass.

More (free or otherwise) buses would be good for the general festival, or maybe even trams? At the end on Saturday night there were hundreds of people milling about just at the Shore, reckon the organisers must have been pretty shocked by the amounts who attended this year, don't remember it being this busy last year?

Maybe that's why the Police/security etc weren't as organised as you'd expect for such a huge crowd.

Didn't see any real trouble myself either...just shitloads of people...everywhere

Hey Observer, that was your daughter who fell alseep during Walter Ego? Heh, that was hilarious, Strings was gutted someone could sleep through his set :)

It was indeed, she can sleep absolutely anywhere that girl :-)

I hardly think it was 'his set' ..... i'm sure the other guys who have been walter ego much longer than String's year or so in the band wouldn't think so!!

Yeah of course, just that Strings was the one who pointed the sleeping child out....chill my friend, I've been a fan of Walter for many years before Strings joined them, but ya know what he's like for hoggin' the limelight :)

I was there, sat near the front to the left with my leopard print stetson on! It was hiding my bad hair! Heh! I had such an amazing weekend. Really wonderful. Thanks to everyone who organised it and played, you all rock.

Hey did everyone see Darth Vader? Ha ha ha.

Bees! Nice skating action!!! hehe

heh, yeah i was sat at the table with Roger Ramjet an Doc Watson's Dad and Han from Calcia. Brian the Brough was there too in my royal guards red jacket (libertines, van halen...). was such an an amazing weekend. Doc Watson was wicked in the Shore tent. as was Davy and Steve. completely amazing. x where were you at Slim?

heh, I noticed the guy in the guards jacket, wondered what on earth that was about :)

I was the bloke with all the kids in the corner by the door. Me two year old loved the music, he's been singing into his hairbrush all weekend.

Archived