Mission To Mars

Blade Runner

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said....and the spin off tech that comes from the boundaries being pushed filters down to commercial use in due course.....

Yes! I will get a rocket powered crane!! whoop!

Sky Hooks, as they are more commonly known are very old hat, apprentices have been asked to buy them from local merchants for decades.

Goes to prove there is nothing really new in this world.....................................

When NASA have mastered Bubbles for spirit levels and Stripy Paint (In retail packs), then we can say we have advanced our technological boundary's because of space related innovations. shifty.gif

The Left Handed screwdriver and the Long Stand are the two items I think will never be available, well not in my lifetime anyway.

and this led to the next generation of technology, wattle-and-daub, which led to Dandara Homes

A regressive step indeed.

there are thousands of people who may not agree with you, most people who might agree with you no doubt don't live in one

A lot of people have homes who otherwise could never have had their first time homes (due to lack of properties which would qualify for a mortgage)

.... but that's another subject and has already been done to death without you doing a Lazarus job on it :lol:

There are so many aspects of this mission which are truly awesome in the original meaning of the word.

From the mathematics to know the power needed to throw 900 plus kilos of kit from the Earth to Mars, to the science of then slowing it down in 7 minutes from 21,000 kmh to zero involving heat shields, a super-sonic parachute and then the skycrane. Just the technological challenge of getting the thing to hover in the variable and uncertain Martian atmosphere is pretty amazing, but then controlling its height and dropping the rover down to the surface safely all automatically with no guidance from Earth 242.57 million kilometers away!

Just fantastic!

For once a good news story (summed up pretty well in this cartoon)- and I love the reaction to the landing from people in Time Square - Science, Science, Science. This, for me, is a great way to show how to inspire people to work together for a better world.

Panoramic Image - quite cool really! Looks like Arizona

Yeah, it's from Opportunity I think, which is still a fantastic little rover. It's not actually real colour, but what they call false colour, but it still gives a gorgeous view of another planet.

Archived