Guild Wars 2

Macker

Myself and some others from the island are making a guild for Guild wars 2 atm we have about 6 players from the island and the rest come from UK,Sweden,Greece and Norway and a few others.

We will be on the Gandara server smile.png

Msg me here if you are interested

PS Shill you still here ? smile.png

Yep still here.

Was considering GW2 actually. Havent done any of the beta stuff but have watched quite a few vids. Will give you a shout if I end up purchasing it.

The three day head start has been plagued with issues. Login server failures, guild systems broken (only just working this morning....just), mail system broken, party system broken, Black Lion Trading broken.....

Managed to power grind with my crowd to level 30 (a couple of us were 35 by the time our last man hit 30). We beat a path to the first dungeon (Ascaloanin Catacombs) and the instance server was bust.

A major path/new build was released last night so will see whats fixed later.

Having not played guild wars and creating a toon on gw2, initial thoughts are this is comparable with tera but without the enhanced combat system. Saying that, I have not given the game much of a poke yet. My gaming time on this will be limited and not really in good chunks, how is the solo/casual play looking?

This game blows WoW and SWTOR out of the water.

With regular world events and level adjusting (Say your level 30 and you travel to a level 10 zone, the game artifically makes you level 10 and adjusts your stats accordingly. You still retain all your level 30 abilities, but you hit like a level 10), the casual player will always have stuff to do.

And with the group contribution on most quests and events, you could complete 100% of all maps and zones and not be a party for one second of it.

The crafting system takes some getting used to and with some ingredients being universal, crafting can easily stall.

Graphically 5 star. On SWTOR if there was more than 10 people in an area spamming abilities the game would throw a shit fit. On Saturday evening myself and least 40+ people were trying to take down a champion mob for a world event. Soooooooo many pretty colours and effects all going off at once. Game barely even noticed, so smooth.

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone enjoying the game? I'm on Gunnars Hold and rolled an Elementalist - they are certainly somewhat technical having to switch between 4 elements with CD's frequently in order to stay alive! I can't decide between Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Dagger at the moment but for WvWvW I stand towards the back with my trusty staff dropping down my heals and autoattack heal - seems to work well in assisting.

Whether or not I continue with the ele is another question. The structured PVP is great, but very difficult when having to use so many abilities from the different attunements.

Whats your favourite profession so far, and why?

Archived