What did you do in the war, Donny?

crumlin

Actually, my post above should begin ...  "Everybody I know who has  joined the army, didn't join to "fight""....

I wrote it one way thought it would sound better another, and ended up with somewhere in between.

I knew what you meant anyway, but still as you have pointed out, and as I have also said, hotheads have no place in the armed forces, as they're a liability when it comes to a contact.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1, If a person joins the army he joins to fight - his choice not mine hence why I am not a soldier.

2, I still say that I would not be willing to fight and die for any of the causes of the last 20 years that have had involvement from the British Army - you obviously feel you would be willing to die for some, good for you. I don't and no amount of other people dying would change my opinion.

3, As I said no one can see into the future hence why I have simply said I wouldn't have gone to war for the recent events.

I agree with that.

Those that fought and died, fought for Rhumsaa and others to have that choice.

But we should never forget the sacrifices that were made by the dead and living for the freedom to express such views.

And thankfully in latter days the people of Iraq are expressing them too. Thanks to the USA and GT Britain.

Archived