Gatwick Route By Easyjet

Manx1Bloke

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One would assume that Stobart will ultimately be paying any compo but I suppose that would depend on the terms of their lease.

I think the Easyjet evening Garwick rotation must take the prize for the least punctual at the moment though, I am sure it's on time performance must be well under 40% since the summer timetable started.

Reynoldsway must be getting lots of fees from them for extending the opening hours of the airport though

As long as you quote the relevant EU legislation they haven't a leg to stand on. I've had three x £300 credit note now for cancelled flights. You can take the £200 cash on offer instead but as I use them a lot the extra £100 each time comes in handy. Be prepared for them to try and fob you off with the old 'liaising with our partner Stobart Air' argument for a while but stick with it, stand firm and they pay out.

Makes you wonder how much longer this route will be viable with the constant cancellations and reimbursements. Flybe/Stobart not EasyJet.

Does the credit note given by flybe have an expiry date?.Do you still have to pay taxes etc?

Think he means does the voucher cover taxes or do you have to pay the taxes "separately" from the flight costs on the voucher.

I have personally had several cancelled or delayed Flybe flights in the past and have always accepted the cash offer back onto my card, although the voucher offer is attractive. Much of my flying is business related and it makes accounting and passing on expense to client difficult if I use vouchers. I've never had an issue with Flybe EU261 or refunds on cancelled flights, always do from the website (its well hidden), but I hardly use them anymore as most of my business flights are London.

Must be a year since I last flew Flybe. Was due to go to Stansted just before they ended, checked in and then cancelled. Was offered €250 back to my card or £300 in vouchers. Couldn't see using the vouchers.

The one thing they were slow on was refunding the tax for children. I had about 12 sectors booked for my nephews (booking a years worth of contact visits with one of their parents) Took about 6 months for them to get it right.

Agree Stansted was not ideal, but it just about beats Gatwick. I use City almost exclusively, but I have done Liverpool and taxi to Runcorn and train, Birmingham and train or Manchester, taxi to Stockport and train if I needed to go and couldn't get a flight direct into London at a convenient time. I can work on a train.

For leisure at the moment most of my flights are to either Sofia or Spain. I'm getting adept at making connections through more obscure airports to catch flights with easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz, or Vueling. The worst problem is doing the trip in one day with no overnight stay. Most of the flights don't connect from IoM as they leave early in the morning from the UK (or Irish) airport and there is no flight from here that departs in time.

This winter however there are afternoon flights from Liverpool and Birmingham to Sofia

As long as you quote the relevant EU legislation they haven't a leg to stand on. I've had three x £300 credit note now for cancelled flights. You can take the £200 cash on offer instead but as I use them a lot the extra £100 each time comes in handy. Be prepared for them to try and fob you off with the old 'liaising with our partner Stobart Air' argument for a while but stick with it, stand firm and they pay out.

Makes you wonder how much longer this route will be viable with the constant cancellations and reimbursements. Flybe/Stobart not EasyJet.

Does the credit note given by flybe have an expiry date?.Do you still have to pay taxes etc?

You have 18 months to use up your voucher and yes it covers taxes and charges as well so it's well worth pursuing.

One would assume that Stobart will ultimately be paying any compo but I suppose that would depend on the terms of their lease.

I think the Easyjet evening Garwick rotation must take the prize for the least punctual at the moment though, I am sure it's on time performance must be well under 40% since the summer timetable started.

Reynoldsway must be getting lots of fees from them for extending the opening hours of the airport though

They're never usually delayed long enough to have to pay out compensation though, apart from the odd cock-up which is to be expected by any airline on any route.

Overall EasyJet Gatwick isn't a bad route really. The only inconvenience is the terminal it lands at and the need to get the shuttle to the train station but apart from that it's cheap and cheerful and gets there more often than not, which, from an insignificant island in the middle of the Irish Sea, is all we can ask for really.

I think the set up to Gatwick is painful. It took me well over an hour and half from when we pulled up to the terminal to getting into London. And that was without a bag to collect.

You often have to get moved by bus first, then a long walk, then the monorail etc. It's painful.

City is comfortably the best option. And at least they have dedicated planes on the route. Unlike Easyjet where the IOM is an afterthought (hence the later flight of often delayed).

I think the set up to Gatwick is painful. It took me well over an hour and half from when we pulled up to the terminal to getting into London. And that was without a bag to collect.

You often have to get moved by bus first, then a long walk, then the monorail etc. It's painful.

City is comfortably the best option. And at least they have dedicated planes on the route. Unlike Easyjet where the IOM is an afterthought (hence the later flight of often delayed).

I agree but we're not set up to be an international finance centre anymore with a number of accesses to central London. We have one expensive option and one longer leisure-based option and we're probably lucky to have that with a population like ours. It's a shame but it's where the island stands now in the pecking order.

The big disaster with easyJet Gatwick this summer has been the lack of a morning flight most days. That is back on for most of the winter. The bussing from South to North is because of where the plane is off to next rotation and the long trek is because the domestic baggage hall is being remodelled, which isn't the fault of easyJet. I'm not complaining about the number of flights. It is a shame there aren't Luton or Stansted connections for leisure, but overall the IOM air services and UK airport locations are good for population size.

City isn't all that expensive if you book for leisure 3 months ahead and not at peak times. I remember my last Manx flight to Heathrow and return being £350 full fare.

They don't always still have dedicated planes on the City route. The lunchtime Eastern Airways operated LCY - IoM flight I was on the other day had come off a LCY - Angers rotation on which it was delayed both ways, ending up about two hours late departing LCY for IoM. The extra flights that BA added in the wake of Flybe stopping IoM - Stansted have been pretty awful, too. They are directly operated by BA Cityflyer, and the aircraft has to fit in with BA's schedule for the day. I was booked on the Tuesday BA3273 0825 last week and it cancelled without any explanation the previous evening. I suspect it was just a case of too few passengers.

My opinion these days of BA is that it is becoming less good, although I agree that when it does run OK, the LCY route is the best for central London. Gatwick scores on onward connections, though, and in my experience Easy has no more negatives than other carriers, low-cost or 'full service'.

I guess as Lxxx says it's just a reflection of where things are at the moment.

Times have changed for business too. Video Conferencing along with cost cutting have stopped a lot of business trips where a company has an office in maybe IOM, Jersey and or London.

I think there is still a healthy number of people heading in to do business in London though.

I don't quite get the 7 a.m and 8.25 a.m flights to City. I didn't realise the demand was there.

Archived