Decriminalise Drug Use, Say Experts After Six-Year Study

Amadeus

i also like portugal because they are so relaxed regarding pot,and i found the pot sold there was of a good quality and a reasonable price,needless to say portugal/spain are top of my holiday list,but now Colorado and Washington are also looking good for a nice relaxing holiday if you can't drink alcohol like me,

go on M.H.K's legalise cannabis, give us peace.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so funny when those on drugs get their fingers and hands caught in machinary at work though...or is it? Seen it a few times years ago in the 90's, on island.

do you use machinery when drinking!!!!!!!

Do you use a keyboard when drinking!!!!!!!...I mean...drinking?????

No not me. And I won't say who or where on here as it would impact my anonymity.

Albert.....people with problems will have problems regardless and will take whatever they choose to abuse themselves with selfishly. I know this person, a total train wreck, gives everything a bad name, can't just have a few drinks at the weekend, has to be an alcoholic, can't just have a joint now and again, has to be a smak head, can't just go to church on Sunday, has to be a pastor - whatever 'it' does it has to be taken to the limit, these people will do it regardless. Governments can not & should not legislate for stupidity/selfishness.

Not so funny when those on drugs get their fingers and hands caught in machinary at work though...or is it? Seen it a few times years ago in the 90's, on island.

do you use machinery when drinking!!!!!!!

Do you use a keyboard when drinking!!!!!!!...I mean...drinking?????

No not me. And I won't say who or where on here as it would impact my anonymity.

no a,t, i do not use a keyboard when drinking,i'm an alcoholic who has not touched alcohol for 15 years

expert drugs advisers , professors and people with common sense and braincells have been banging on this door for years but the likes of the manx Tory twits and their corporate masters have always prevented it as a measure of controlling what people think and do, along with making sure you all become addicted to and keep paying for hugely damaging alcohol and cigarettes that line their greedy pockets and blight society with their healthcare costs, social and domestic abuse and culture damage. Leading sheep to alcohol has gone on far far too long and has caused more damage than legalizing drugs would ever do, not to mention the huge income they could tax from the likes of #$%$ dispensaries or saving billions on fighting illegal drugs gangsterism. Or just keep taking your prescription pills drinking fluoride and smoking ya teets off at the pub!!!!

expert drugs advisers , professors and people with common sense and braincells have been banging on this door for years but the likes of the manx Tory twits and their corporate masters have always prevented it as a measure of controlling what people think and do, along with making sure you all become addicted to and keep paying for hugely damaging alcohol and cigarettes that line their greedy pockets and blight society with their healthcare costs, social and domestic abuse and culture damage. Leading sheep to alcohol has gone on far far too long and has caused more damage than legalizing drugs would ever do, not to mention the huge income they could tax from the likes of #$%$ dispensaries or saving billions on fighting illegal drugs gangsterism. Or just keep taking your prescription pills drinking fluoride and smoking ya teets off at the pub!!!!

Fair points twinkle.

Just legalise hemp, mass produce it, tax it and use it for whatever purpose is useful. (Link here)

Tax it? Mass produce it? How about letting people sort it out all by themselves, without nanny state looking after it? I hate that society feels the need to be spoon fed by the authorities, WTF? Even though you were given a number when you were born, you were born free...you know?

BBC's, 'The Big Question' appeared to support the notion that control and supply of illicit drugs was the way forward. And that alcohol is by far the biggest drug problem faced by society. I would certainly wish to be able to get high occasionally, safe with the knowledge that the quality of my chosen drug wasn't adulterated with other, less desirable elements, as is much the case today. As has been already stated, all prohibition and scare-mongering does is place the supply and quality into the hands of the unscrupulous criminals; across the board it's hard to find any hash, ecstacy etc., that hasn't been 'stepped-on' or 'knocked-up' with some indeterminate 'cut'.

The Dutch model, as usual, is a reference point. During my time there i frequented a club called the 'Melk Weg'. On members-only evenings, sat in the entrance were a couple of guys at a table on which lay test-gear and every so often a guy would ask customers that if anyone wished to have their E's tested, to bring them to that table where the tablet/powder could be checked. The tiniest shaving was taken and it was then introduced to a chemical indicator which turned a particular colour to confirm its purity. If it was deemed to be adulterated you were advised that it could prove dangerous and if you insisted on hanging on to it, it was returned to you but you were denied entry. An alternative was offered in that your tablet/powder was confiscated and destroyed and you were then instructed to seek out a certain guy who would supply the real thing. All done in an professional manner and with safety being paramount. Medically-trained officials were on standby for any emergencies. Customers who appeared to be in distress were given immediate attention but each time i was there, i never saw any emergencies.

Of course, the high quality of the weed/hash available was also unquestionable.

Although E was illegal in Amsterdam, it was accepted that being pro-active when it came to consumer-safety was the way forward.

There will always be those who wish to experiment/get high on something other than alcohol and the sensible approach would be as i've described above, rather than coming down hard and criminalising people as the law does now. With the appearance of 'legal' highs, drugs that haven't stood the test of time when it comes to relative toxicity, education and control and a more liberal understanding would be the way to go instead of the politicising and misinformation fed to us now.

And yes, i am thinking of the children...

BBC's, 'The Big Question' appeared to support the notion that control and supply of illicit drugs was the way forward. And that alcohol is by far the biggest drug problem faced by society. I would certainly wish to be able to get high occasionally, safe with the knowledge that the quality of my chosen drug wasn't adulterated with other, less desirable elements, as is much the case today. As has been already stated, all prohibition and scare-mongering does is place the supply and quality into the hands of the unscrupulous criminals; across the board it's hard to find any hash, ecstacy etc., that hasn't been 'stepped-on' or 'knocked-up' with some indeterminate 'cut'.

The Dutch model, as usual, is a reference point. During my time there i frequented a club called the 'Melk Weg'. On members-only evenings, sat in the entrance were a couple of guys at a table on which lay test-gear and every so often a guy would ask customers that if anyone wished to have their E's tested, to bring them to that table where the tablet/powder could be checked. The tiniest shaving was taken and it was then introduced to a chemical indicator which turned a particular colour to confirm its purity. If it was deemed to be adulterated you were advised that it could prove dangerous and if you insisted on hanging on to it, it was returned to you but you were denied entry. An alternative was offered in that your tablet/powder was confiscated and destroyed and you were then instructed to seek out a certain guy who would supply the real thing. All done in an professional manner and with safety being paramount. Medically-trained officials were on standby for any emergencies. Customers who appeared to be in distress were given immediate attention but each time i was there, i never saw any emergencies.

Of course, the high quality of the weed/hash available was also unquestionable.

Although E was illegal in Amsterdam, it was accepted that being pro-active when it came to consumer-safety was the way forward.

There will always be those who wish to experiment/get high on something other than alcohol and the sensible approach would be as i've described above, rather than coming down hard and criminalising people as the law does now. With the appearance of 'legal' highs, drugs that haven't stood the test of time when it comes to relative toxicity, education and control and a more liberal understanding would be the way to go instead of the politicising and misinformation fed to us now.

And yes, i am thinking of the children...

Very good post.

I'm reading David Nutt's book on drugs at the moment, on loan from my pal Shelly at DASH. He was the government drug adviser sacked by Labour for criticising the reclassification of cannabis, and saying that booze was FAR more dangerous to society (and people) than cannabis or ecstacy. It's a fascinating read (albeit hardly a Jack Reacher page-turner) and the relative danger of legal and illegal drugs - in every measurable sense - is an eye-opener...to the point that had I read it 10 years ago I would maybe have tried ecstacy (I was offered it a couple of times but the official medical position and media frenzy at the time convinced me that I'd die within seconds).

He also makes the great point that rather than governments banning recreational drugs and wasting billions in the unwinnable war on drugs, a fraction of that money could be spent on education and harm reduction - as an earlier poster cited about Amsterdam. Professor Nutt (great name) is pretty disparaging about politicians - he suggests many drug policy decisions are taken without any understanding by our elected representatives on the basis that 'being tough on drugs' wins easy votes. Oh, and politicians are owned by the booze and tobacco companies and totally dependent on the taxes and duties raised from the legal sale of their killer products.

The world is a mad place isn't it - we're all aware that global (and local) policies are being decided by idiots for all the wrong reasons yet feel powerless to do anything to change it.

I'm reading David Nutt's book on drugs at the moment, on loan from my pal Shelly at DASH. He was the government drug adviser sacked by Labour for criticising the reclassification of cannabis, and saying that booze was FAR more dangerous to society (and people) than cannabis or ecstacy. It's a fascinating read (albeit hardly a Jack Reacher page-turner) and the relative danger of legal and illegal drugs - in every measurable sense - is an eye-opener...to the point that had I read it 10 years ago I would maybe have tried ecstacy (I was offered it a couple of times but the official medical position and media frenzy at the time convinced me that I'd die within seconds).

He also makes the great point that rather than governments banning recreational drugs and wasting billions in the unwinnable war on drugs, a fraction of that money could be spent on education and harm reduction - as an earlier poster cited about Amsterdam. Professor Nutt (great name) is pretty disparaging about politicians - he suggests many drug policy decisions are taken without any understanding by our elected representatives on the basis that 'being tough on drugs' wins easy votes. Oh, and politicians are owned by the booze and tobacco companies and totally dependent on the taxes and duties raised from the legal sale of their killer products.

The world is a mad place isn't it - we're all aware that global (and local) policies are being decided by idiots for all the wrong reasons yet feel powerless to do anything to change it.

You definitely missed out there Stu thumbsup.gif

Shame. Like I said a few times before, lagalising Cannabis on the IOM would be the solution to all our money worries.

Could herald a revival of the smuggling trade, something the Manx have historically excelled at

Even the odd lobster from the Douglas harbour thumbsup.gif

Archived